First Lace KAL..

mamaoso

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ana, how are you coming along? You, mamaoso and I have been fairly neck and neck all the time and so now I am wondering — nearly done? I hope you have been able to work on it. Boy, do I know how life intereferes with that all-important knitting! ;)

Boy, do I know how life intereferes with that all-important knitting! ;)

I know.. And people around here just want me to stop knitting to make them something to eat.. Gees I feed them all yesterday!!

I'm done I'll get a picture posted this afternoon.. I think my SIL is going to like it..

Going to pack all the things in one box and ship it out.. ( baby stuff, Nephews B'Day things and scarf..) Now I have to go and find that Baby quilt my mom made to add to the box. She has been gone for 5 years now it could be anywere..:think

I think I would like to join this KAL. I did the Branching out scarf a couple of years ago but I have been thinking that I would like to try it again.

This pattern gives a whole new meaning to the hymn "Throw out the lifeline" :wlol

have yarn and will select needles and find a lifeline thread... Maybe I should get some prozac too :rofl

Well.. I am still working at it with kids home yesterday because of snow and finally got the W2 so off to H&R Block last night we went during a snow storm :eek I got up this morning and started knitting just little more to go :knit. I got 3 hours before kids come back home :knit...:lol

This pattern gives a whole new meaning to the hymn "Throw out the lifeline" :wlol

Doesn't it though? LOL. After repeatedly messing up Row 7 I started moving the lifeline at Row 1 and again at Row 6. That worked for a little while and then I started messing up Row 9. Hello, Carla? Is there a brain up there? In fact, there was not a row which I didn't mess up at some point, including the purl back which was falling-down easy. :shrug It was probably this KAL which finally got me through it, knowing that other people were out there, messing up their rows, too! :lol

By the way, glad you want to do it, Darski! I thought about joining your möebius KAL but I'm just not good at more than one project at once. Things tend to turn into UFOs.

Ana, I knew you had to be relatively close to the end. Three hours this afternoon! Go for it, girl!

Mine is soaking after I threaded the edges for the Rooshan block (Russian block with string). Once I finish cleaning the bathroom I'm going to block it out. And I am hoping maybe my first KnitPicks order will come today. Anybody know how they ship when I asked for it to be here fast? Post office or UPS?

Here it is

th_100_2371.jpgclick-able

And here it is on a branch. thpissmyselflaughing.gif

th_100_2355.jpgclick-able

Carla ~ Can't wait to see a picture..

darski ~ Welcome! Yea, use those lifelines.. I sometimes go without a mistake and not put on in thNono.gif Not a good thing cos' that's when I make a mistake..

:D

Glad to see a finished Branching Out, on the branches, no less! It's beautiful, mamaoso. Your SIL will love it! Now I can see the color and it's not green!

I need to start thinking about how to photograph mine in a litle bit. It's drying, and my back and legs — dead. I know I am in bad shape but... gotta get back to Curves. Crawling around on the floor with straight pins is not easy for this old lady. :eek

Beautiful!!!! You did a great job.

Dang, I was going to measure mine. Forgot..:bang

:think They're repeats not rounds.. You are knitting lace..:lol Your not knitting the cowl.. Just teasing..

As long as you have 1 done and put in a lifeline, you are doing great..

Beautiful!!!! You did a great job.

Dang, I was going to measure mine. Forgot..:bang

:think They're repeats not rounds.. You are knitting lace..:lol Your not knitting the cowl.. Just teasing..

As long as you have 1 done and put in a lifeline, you are doing great..

I was thinking more in the line of a 15 Round boxing match. :rofl

OK, Darski, how's it going? We're watching you! Believe me, if I can pay attention long enough to do this, you can. Sometimes I scare myself.

Ana, still have a house full of children to keep you from the important things of life, aka, knitting? That would cramp my style, for sure.

It wasn't kids today it was hubby ..:lol Had to go with him to doctors and see the surgeon for his hernia operation..Well I finished it ...:clap what else could I do waiting in doctors offices..It is still snowing here to do a pretty picture outside , so my lamp help out ..:lol

th_012-2.jpg th_008-1.jpg th_002-4.jpg

Oh Ana, now your lamp has a muffler! :lol It looks wonderful, my friend! Now will this go with any of your winter coats? You have to wear it soon — it's the rule! ;) So glad you finished although I hate that your husband's doctor visit was the reason you got to work on it.

Thanks Carla , Hubby's doctors was going to happen anyway since I was the one pushing him to do it .Once I got the ball rolling, so now he will have the operation on the 11th of February ..be a one day thing and then home :yes

Yeah, I think have a coat to go with it .and lately with my hot flashes I just wear a light jacket and a couple of my scarfs..:wgrin I start peeling them off as I get hot :lol..

and Carla yours came out beautiful I had to go back a page I thought I miss it

Beautiful Scarf!!!!!

I think we all did a great job!!

Give youself a pat on the back for this one...

Yea, My doctor's nurse refused my prescription for some unknown reson, but I had hot flashes Bad!!!!! Don't like them..

Ladies the scarfs that you have made so far are stunning! I have tried to work on this pattern several times with different yarns and it just isn't working for me. It also doesn't help that everyone in the family, myself included, has been sick and I have had to put down, pick up so often that I get confused where I am. Now, I have the happy new that a Great Niece or Nephew is on that way and I need to switch priorities over to baby items. I hope that when the time comes for the next KAL that I will be able to join in the fun.

Shelly

Well today I spent most of my day (7am to 2pm) at the hospital with hubby he got his hernia fixed...I had on my "Branching Out" scarf everybody that saw it LOVE it ..There were many knitters at the hospital waiting room too :knit, most making baby blankets .I was working on my kimono.:yes and the lady at the coffee shop was also knitting :knit...now I got to get back to hubby..:grumpy

I bet they did love it, Ana! And I hope you told them you made it! Gotta bask in the glory a bit there, girl! I'm glad your husband's surgery is over. May he now heal quickly and well, and feel great again soon...

Thanks Guys ,

Hubby doing much better ..Wednesday and Thursday we were without power :candle:candle:candle..:angry. Bad wind storm :hurricane took wire and trees down in the area . Had my blackberry to check on things ..and had to recharge it in the car..Hubby and son were happy because they had to eat the ice cream in the freezer before it became milk..:icecream..:lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just signing in to say that I give up on the Branching out scarf. I just cannot make the numbers work somehow... and I already made this once.

I will wait for the next KAL to start and try a different pattern. it really is this pattern that trips me up every time. I might try a lace leaf insertion scarf to see if iI can get something out of this.

Archived