Mile-a-minute-a-long!

I'm going to have to try it! :yes

I'm thinking about using this joining method:

http://littlejudy.blogs.com/littlejudy/2008/08/mile-a-minute.html

you gotta read the blog to get the just of it but it will create a lighter, airy joining. The ghan is for my grandma who is regularly very warm person so I don't want anything to heavy.

I had never seen that one before. I will try that for my next mam. thanks

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had never seen that one before. I will try that for my next mam. thanks

No Problem!

How is everyone doing with their MAM's? Its been awfully quiet in here! :( Ok so I know I haven't been in much either but things are crazy as usual. Good thing is should have my new computer (a mac book :eek) within the next week or 2. Then I will be on more often for a while. THEN I'm starting school! :cheer Decided to make the best of where I work because I'm really hating my job right now. They offer tuition assistance so I've decided to take advantage of it. I will be starting a degree in web development and IT. DH said I would have to give up crocheting to make time for school! :lol I told him No, I would just get less sleep! :rofl

I'm going to have to try it! :yes

I'm thinking about using this joining method:

http://littlejudy.blogs.com/littlejudy/2008/08/mile-a-minute.html

you gotta read the blog to get the just of it but it will create a lighter, airy joining. The ghan is for my grandma who is regularly very warm person so I don't want anything to heavy.

I quite like that joining method as well. Might do that for this one and bring in a third colour.

I quite like that joining method as well. Might do that for this one and bring in a third colour.

Can't wait to see it! Will be trying it hopefully this weekend on mine so I will be sure to post pics.

Life is still crazy here. New computer hopefully this weekend. DH has had some stomach issues so we have been in and out of the drs office a lot in the last week and his doctor is an hour and 15 minutes from where we live so its usually an all day event. Hopefully on Friday for his next appt I can talk him into a little yarn shopping! :hook

Hope everyone's mams are going well! Can't wait to see more pics!

Hi - I'm on a little crochet break because of some neck pain that I struggle with sometimes. I know - it sounds weird. I've never had any problem with hand or wrist aches or anything like that, but sometimes I have terrible shoulder and neck pain that is exacerbated by crocheting so I'm on a break right now.

OK, that's my excuse - where's everybody else?

Awwww, Pickles...sorry...I did the one MAM scarf and have to wait to get caught up on other things before starting the baby MAM I want to do.

We still luv you:hug:manyheart

I'm still here too. I got a little hung up on those TP Toppers and mom's bday presents. I'm thinking I may just do the ghan for Dad in solid red in the same pattern I did moms scarf.

BTW - Joanns has free shipping this week over $25 - code- EBD039 Time to restock my stash.

Oh dear - we'd slipped to the dreaded page 2... so I'm giving us a bump. Here are a couple of pics of MAMs I've started

This is the first strip of the Arrowhead MAM I started for my son

And here are the first couple of the Restful Rainbow for my daughter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/3253223451/

I'm sure these will both take me forever since I'm a slow crocheter so I'm going to go back and forth working on them.

I'm almost done with the last strip of my neice's MAM and then I'll post pics of that one.

Awwww, Pickles...sorry...I did the one MAM scarf and have to wait to get caught up on other things before starting the baby MAM I want to do.

We still luv you:hug:manyheart

Don't worry I"ve been working on other things too....neglecting my MAM! (That I need done by the 19th!!! :eek) One of which being the dreaded LTKA that Wendy sucked me into (sssshhh don't tell her but I LOVE IT and am totally addicted!)

Pickles-

I'm still out here and making slow progress . I am on my 3rd strip now, putting the first round on it .

:clap Slowly is better than none at all! Can't wait to see some pics! ;)

I'm still here too. I got a little hung up on those TP Toppers and mom's bday presents. I'm thinking I may just do the ghan for Dad in solid red in the same pattern I did moms scarf.

BTW - Joanns has free shipping this week over $25 - code- EBD039 Time to restock my stash.

BTW love the TP toppers! And went to a different Joanns in my area and bought $200 in yarn! :eek DH didn't want to let me in the car! :lol It was mostly Caron pounders (which I have recently discover and absolutely love!)

Oh dear - we'd slipped to the dreaded page 2... so I'm giving us a bump. Here are a couple of pics of MAMs I've started

This is the first strip of the Arrowhead MAM I started for my son

And here are the first couple of the Restful Rainbow for my daughter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/3253223451/

I'm sure these will both take me forever since I'm a slow crocheter so I'm going to go back and forth working on them.

I'm almost done with the last strip of my neice's MAM and then I'll post pics of that one.

Pictures look fantastic! Love the arrowhead in thoes colors! Wasn't fond of it in the book but just like the other MAM you did you brought new light to it! Thanks for bumping us up!

My new mac book will be here Friday (:cheer:clap:yay Jumping up and down with excitement!) So once I'm all set on that I will be back here more often and bugging you all for more pics! :lol Hopefully it won't interfere with my crochet/knitting time!

bgnagy

Where did you get the pattern for your Natalies mam? That is stunning!

I'm not in this group but couldn't help myself from asking.

Thanks - That pattern is in the book "Contest Favorites Mile-A-Minute Afghans from Leisure Arts (#3144)

http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile-Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233941472&sr=8-2

It's pattern #2 in the book

:eek 2nd page again?!?! oh well!

I'm plugging away at my mam...needs to be done by the 19th and its looking pretty dim...may not get it done....but i am looking at what mam to start next! hahaha was at joann's the other day and really stocked up on caron pounders (like REALLY stocked up!) so i have a few more options as to what to start...need something that moves a little faster than this one!

any suggestions?

How are everyone else's going?

Pickles Im on strip 4 now. Might start putting them together using a third colour I think. :think.

:clap Any pics of progress?

I have 6 strips completed and bordered, and 4 more that just need to be bordered, then 8 more to go!!! :cheer I can do it! I hope to posts pics on my day off (around friday!)

I got my new mac and just setting things up and moving things over (way more work than i was anticipating) so once i get more organized i will have a lot more pics!

Hows everyone else doing? can't wait to see progress pics! And to start on my next one! :yay

I'm making a baby blanket, but not a MAM pattern...not this time, anyway. It's a Project Linus pattern I started, just to show someone how easy it was...and I got hooked:hook

I'm making a baby blanket, but not a MAM pattern...not this time, anyway. It's a Project Linus pattern I started, just to show someone how easy it was...and I got hooked:hook

Which PL pattern are you working on?

I am thinking about applying to be a coordinator for PL because there isn't one in my area. Deadline is the 28th so we will see....

Thanks for the link Judy. I'm just printing it off. I love this pattern.

Isn't it gorgeous? I've had it forever, and if it wasn't for my friend needing a simple pattern I never would have tried it! I'm using Paddy Green and alternating with wide bands of white (not enough green on hand:D) and I love the look of it. It works up so fast!

Have fun.

:clap Any pics of progress?

I have 6 strips completed and bordered, and 4 more that just need to be bordered, then 8 more to go!!! :cheer I can do it! I hope to posts pics on my day off (around friday!)

I got my new mac and just setting things up and moving things over (way more work than i was anticipating) so once i get more organized i will have a lot more pics!

Hows everyone else doing? can't wait to see progress pics! And to start on my next one! :yay

Hi :hi Pickles great progress. I will show a pic of mine so far as soon as I have joined them together.

Thats a nice pattern Judy I have saved the link.

That's a very pretty blanket Judy. I made a scarf once in that stitch or one very similar to it. I like working in that pattern.

I finally finished Natalie's MAM. I just need to wash and photograph it now. I tried taking pics yesterday - but it's been so overcast and gray here the last couple of days I couldn't get decent pictures, so I'll wait til the sun comes out and try again. I'm not complaining about the weather though - because it's warmed up by about 40 degrees or so these last few days so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts before it gets super cold again!

Archived