addicted to knitting!

jura2908

ok so i will ALWAYS be a crochet addict. but now i am addicted to knitting too! my poor hubby. i started this afghan a while back but put it down to do other things. when i picked it up again to work on it, it clicked! i knew how to do the stitches. after so many days at the beginning of unknitting my stitches ( to afraid to pull the needle out...lol) i was at a turning point. i actually finished it the last week of the year. now i was determined to keep going so i made 2 scarves and a hat. now i am doing washcloths to burn up more stash. :knit

th_eyeletlaceafghan003.jpg

th_eyeletcableafghan48x52003s.jpg

th_hannahknitponytailhat012.jpg

th_simpleribbedscarfstashscarf2rhsofts.jpg

Ooooooo, all very pretty!!! I'm most impressed with the afghan. I doubt I'll ever knit one. It would take me WAY too long and I'd lose interest. I'm working on a scarf right now and I've been at that for a couple of weeks with only a little more than half-way done, so that gives you an idea of how slow I go. I've also got a dishcloth I had started but I hid it from the cats (who just love to bat around the balls of cotton) and now I can't find it so I must have hid it but good! :lol

Welcome to the addiction! LOL! I too am addicted. I love both crafts equaly, and I find it hard to choose which one I want to do at any given time!

Your projects are great! Love the afghan!

Oh yeah, I also meant to say that I've pulled the needles out a couple of times but when I did I always lost the project and wound up frogging to the beginning. I just don't know what I'm doing in that area.

jura, I know what you mean. I just have to have either knitting or crochet in my hands every day, at least for a little while. I rarely do both, though. I'm more typically on a kick of one or the other for a while.

Your projects are lovely. Is that a Little Arrowhead lace pattern between the cables? I made some once but can't remember exactly how it looks.

Welcome to the double trouble yarnin' addiction! ;) Like crocheting wasn't enough!? Thankfully many of the gadgets and notions are interchangeable between the two. :)

I too have fairly recently picked my knitting back up, and I've actually been doing more knitting than crocheting as I found that knitting (English style) is actually easier on my hands than crocheting. Continental makes my hands ache, but at least I know how to do it now. I've been knitting like a fiend for the past week trying to finish a sweater for my husband.

Yes welcome to the club...I started with crochet very young ..then knitting but it was just the basic , it just been a couple of years that I got back into knitting . A lot has to do with my arthritis in my hands , crochet is harder to do more painful .I am a (threadie) at heart I have doilies everywhere in the house . I love to cross-stitch too when my hands get really bad that is the only thing I can do ..Your afghan is beautiful ,it looks like cables ? That is still one of the techniques I still have not master...:rolleyes

As the others said ""WELCOME to the group!!!!!"

I knit daily. LOVE it. Have yet to make an afghan, but yours is beautiful. Do you mide telling what pattern you used???

I am on Ravelry as a knitter ( because since finally learning to knit, I have only used crochet for embelishments ) I am Dangerouscrochet there also.

Craw, I'm a slow knitter, too, but I realized that in this tight economy, with a yarn budget of no money, that makes my stash last longer! I still get the fiber endorphins, but they last longer since it takes me 4 times as long to finish a knit project vs. a crochet project. :lol

My ravelry name is the same as here, too. In fact, I think there's an old thread in Off Topics where people starting listing their ravelry names so their c'ville buddies could look them up.

Patty

Great projects. I just started knitting again and am very much a beginner and slow but I too am begining to love it. I will always be a crocheter but Patty is right knitting takes me longer so my stash is lasting a bit longer. I usually have 4-5 projects going at once so now I am keeping it to 3 crochet and 2 knit. This seems to work for me.

thank you all for the kind words. i do not know how to run a "lifeline" in my knitting. i will have to check out how to do that. the afghan pattern is called eyelet lace afghan. the pattern is from http://www.freepatterns.com . i did cables on a scarf i made last year. with this afghan i learned what a psso and ssk are. it took a long time for me to make but i think i will make it again.

Craw, I'm a slow knitter, too, but I realized that in this tight economy, with a yarn budget of no money, that makes my stash last longer! I still get the fiber endorphins, but they last longer since it takes me 4 times as long to finish a knit project vs. a crochet project. :lol

Good idea!!! Dang you're smart! :devil

Very pretty..

I love the afghan.. you did a thGreatJob.gif on all..

Yea, I'm a knitting addicted and a crocheting addicted and yarn addicted and pattern addicted, well you can see where this is going....Welcome to the club...

i have been working from stash since august of 2007. i am looking foward to using it up so i can use the gift card i got for ac moore for xmas! it is really burning a hole in my pocket! but so far so good. i only chose projucts that can be made from stash. it can be restricting but causes me to think a bit more of what i make. since knitting uses a bit less than crochet, i can look at my stash differently now too. what i may not have enough to crochet a project can be enough for a knit one..

Archived