Realm of the Princesses 18" doll dress

ThePopeVI

My first pattern EVER! This pattern came from a design from my 7 year old. She drew me the picture and told me all she wanted "the top isn't right mom and I accidentally did yellow but I want blue" (hence the X and arrow) Anyway I am pretty proud!

her name is Realm and its a princess dress, I wanted something kinda catchy! She got her American Girl doll for Christmas and a BUNCH of clothes for it, Thanks to Darski! I made clothes for 4 dolls (3 18" and one 15" Baby doll) Darski gave me the inspiration for the start of the dress (first 8 rows are from Celebrating Girldom dress) and the overskirt is inspired by the Dora Lo how ere rose is blooming (I think thats what its called)

th_PICT0373.jpg

th_PICT0374.jpg

th_PICT0375.jpg

5. mm hook

Royal blue WW yarn (I used Caron one pound, Royalty and Lilac)

Pink Fun Fur (small amount)

1/4" ribbon

a few buttons (I have 2 but 3 might work if you like sewing on buttons)

Row 1: With, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook, (ch1, sc in next chain) across end with sc in last chain. (20 sc and 19 ch 1 sp)

Row 2: DC in every sc and ch 1 space (39 dc)

Row 3: dc in 3, 2 dc in next.

Row 4: sc in 1st, hdc in next 3, dc in next 3, sk 10 st, dc in 3, hdc in 3, sc in 2, hdc in 3, dc in 3, sk 10 st, dc in 3, hdc in 3, sc in last

Row 5: hdc across but increase one at underarms. ( I added 4 more sts here 2 on front and one in each back section)

Row 6: hdc across,

Row 7: work hdc across working between the stitches and working 2 hdc in one stitch at underarms.

Row 8: work as row 7 but. Work increases in increases of row 7.

Row 9: Work front loop only (this row) *ch 3 counts as first DC* DC 3, 3 DC in next st.

row 10-20: DC even break off blue attach pink fun fur

row 21: HDC around.

Overskirt

return to unworked loops from row 9 (DC2,ch2, DC2) in each stitch around.

Ch 3 and SC in 1st ch 2 space. work shell in each sell (each ch 2 space) until Last cluster SC in last cluster.

Repeat until desired length

Flower

(drawing has 1, picture has 2, dress now has 3.... DD seems to think I should make a new flower every time her doll wears the dress! LOL)

Ch 4 join to form ring (Ch 3, 2 DC, Slip stitch) in ring. 5 times. leave tails to tie on to dress.

Tie on flowers, tidy ends, weave ribbon in I wove mine in row 8. I looped it around each side in the back so its doubled up(I may redo mine). this way the back stays open (does that make sense?) I just used my Ch 3s as button holes

Let me know If I missed something!

:clapTHANK YOU!!

That is great for being your first pattern! Hope there will be many more to come!:yay

I wish that I had written down all my patterns that I made up for my niece when she was into dolls (she is now 20 years old).

I am blessed with 2 boys :manyheart but I sure wish that I had a little girl of my own to design for! At least I have a 3 year old niece that I can make doll clothes for!

• 3 months later...

Archived