Trinket

Sage Mary Afghan

I started working on this early last year, but my job and my other hobbies got in the way and I ended up forgetting about it for months. I picked it up again a couple days ago and finished it off.

I think Sage Mary is my favorite color of Red Heart yarn. Sadly, I can't find it anywhere in this area. And I was unable to find a good place to take photos that better showed off the colors.

Over all, I'm happy with this. I'm saving it back until we move to a new apartment this summer. I'll have it out on the couch after that.

sagemarysized.jpg

sagemary2sized.jpg

I didn't get an exact measurement, but it's shown there on a queen sized bed. I like my afghans to be big. I used an H hook, About 9 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in Sage Mary and 1 and 3/4 skeins of Dark Plum.

If you'd like the pattern, it's part of the book Crochet for a Quiet Evening, which is one of my favorite pattern books.

Thank you for looking!

That is beautiful! Is it done in strips like a MAM?

That's pretty. I love the colors, they would be fun to work with, but I do not need another afghan... though I sure would like to make one! :)

Very pretty.

That is beautiful! Is it done in strips like a MAM?

No. It's all in one piece and there's no sewing. It's done in rows. There are four rows of multicolor, then one row of solid color all the way through.

but I do not need another afghan...

Oh, I hear ya. I don't really need another one, either. I've amassed quite a collection, and it's getting to a point where I don't use most of them. But my mother will be moving up to Minnesota from Mississippi soon, and she'll definitely need some of them. With this one, though, I just couldn't resist!

Thanks for all your compliments! :manyheart

That is truly beautiful! Now I want to make something in those colors! I LOVE that dark plum!

Sage Mary is my favorite yarn too. It looks great with the Dark Plum. You did a great job!

Wow! It looks so warm and cozy! Great job, and I like that color too :)

Sage Mary is my favorite yarn too. It looks great with the Dark Plum. You did a great job!

Lisa...I love the afghan you have for your avatar, did you make it? If you did, do you remember where the pattern came from? Thanks!

O wow that is beautiful.. I love the colors too.

It's awesome! Great Job! Love the colors

Wow, your afghan is beautiful! I have that same afghan started in the same colors, and seeing yours is inspiring me to finish it!

Candy

I usually don't care for fringe, but it looks really good on that, and love the color.

I know what you mean. I usually don't care for fringe, either. Mostly because it doesn't come out too nice after being washed. It gets all tangled up with itself. But this time I decided I would go with it.

Now I want to make something in those colors! I LOVE that dark plum!

Dark Plum is one of my favorite yarn colors. But unfortunately, Red Heart has discontinued it... I got the yarn for this from a very kind member of Crochetville who had some in her stash and sent it it me.

I'm going to look for this book, sounds like a good one.

I found the book I was using at the thrift shop, but I linked to it on Amazon. They have it for sale there for as low as $4.00. It's got a lot of really pretty patterns in it.