It was a very merry Carribean Christmas!

shuttlebuggy

Hi ALL!

Finally back on after our holiday Carribean Cruise - it was amazingly awesome and I would go again tomorrow if I could!:clap

The weather we left was full of SNOW - but the white sands and crystal aquamarine waters of the Carribean awaited us just in time for Christmas day!:wreath

We snorkeled, climbed falls, hiked ruins, ate and ate!, swam with the most graceful sea turtles and tropical fish (even saw a few sharks!:eek), and shopped - but in between times I was so grateful to my fellow 'Villers for telling me to bring only small projects - I did them on the way down, on the "at sea" days, and on the way home during layovers and plane rides - I started and finished 3 small projects - Enjoy!!! And YES - the waters really are that blue and clear - I always had thought they touched up pictures of the Carribean beaches - but it is truly beautiful and breathtaking indeed:yay

CLICK on the LINK TO SEE!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/?action=view&current=79c46b10.pbw

What a fun time you must've had!! (I went on a cruise with(at that time)my 1st hubby(now my ex. My now hubby I tell him it would be nice to go on a cruise, but he always jokes that while he was in the Navy, he went on enough cruises!!:lol)

On my cruise, I couldn't believe ALL THE FOOD and how many times you could eat in one day!!!!!:lol

Thanks all! It was a beautiful time and the best part is that our dd who is going on 21 was able to come along! We just don't know how many more vacations she will be taking with us as she has her own friends and life out at college now.

So you just got a glimpse at all the beauty there - it truly was an amazing time!

And my dh used to say the same thing about cruises - he'd been on enough boats in the Coast Guard - but you know - now he's got a fund going for another one in 2010!!!:lol Guess now that he's been on a cruising ship with all it's luxury and pampering he's changed his mind:manyheart

For SmoothFox - oh gosh....please don't ever pass up the opportunity - take this from someone who shares some of your fear -- I was afraid to fly about a year and a half ago and the folks here all cheered me on and gave good tips to get thru it and I conquered that fear after 47 years!!! Flew several short hops and then a long haul to Europe! And then this year down to Florida to catch the cruise. I can't say I am not apprehensive - but it was bordering before on "panic anxiety".

The ship's activities really keep your mind off things and are fun. There is so much to do you don't have time to dwell on being afraid. I took a nondrowsy motionsickness pill the first two nights until I had my "sea legs" and the rocking motion seemed more natural. I also made myself look out the windows periodically while underway. We also had a seasoned Captain who was Greek - and I know this is stereotypical - but it did make me feel so secure as the Greek people have always been known to be excellent sailors and navigators ;) But as I said it is great - and the views of the sunrises and sunsets are amazing. Go for it!

Yarnjeannie ~ We went on Celebrity Cruiseline (Century was the boats name), they had immpeccable service all the way around, and we were pampered in every way you can imagine. They did have the boat beautifully decorated for the season - it was gorgeous.

And the midnight buffet had Christmas ice sculptures - even Santa and all the reindeer that went up into the air and looked like it would fly right out the big window in the dining room. Watermelons, fruits and veggies carved into holiday themed animals and decorations - truly awesome. We had holiday pics taken too by one of the many Christmas trees aboard. We booked the trip last Dec for this Dec and were glad we did because what it cost one person to book it over the holiday (always higher than non-holiday cruises) if they had waited till this winter, we paid for ALL 3 of us to go!

Archived