LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started this on Friday, I couldn't hold off any longer *lol* I'm using a cream wool/acrylic mix aran weight yarn, single stranded and a 6.5mm hook. I'm pleased with my progress so far even though the rose caused some confusion as I've never crocheted in the stitches behind the previous row before, it looks a bit wonky but I think I have the hang of it now ;)

There's a pic on my blog.

http://kookie-craftsin09.blogspot.com/2009/02/8.html

My scarf is 6" wide not 9" and I'll be making it longer than the 57" in the pattern and not adding as many roses or leaves to the finished scarf.

LeaAnne Love the scarf. That colour is pretty. I like your afghan you have made too. Paula's afghan I think is it's name. Is that a pattern you made up or is there a printed version somewhere?

I started this on Friday, I couldn't hold off any longer *lol* I'm using a cream wool/acrylic mix aran weight yarn, single stranded and a 6.5mm hook. I'm pleased with my progress so far even though the rose caused some confusion as I've never crocheted in the stitches behind the previous row before, it looks a bit wonky but I think I have the hang of it now ;)

There's a pic on my blog.

http://kookie-craftsin09.blogspot.com/2009/02/8.html

My scarf is 6" wide not 9" and I'll be making it longer than the 57" in the pattern and not adding as many roses or leaves to the finished scarf.

Your scarf is very pretty in that colour. Is that a winter white? So lovely. :c9

:ty, everyone, for the nice words... it is so much fun sharing what we make with each other :ghug You all keep me motivated to finish more and more things.

It is because of sharing with you all that I have my passion back... so THANK YOU!!!:c9

I like your afghan you have made too. Paula's afghan I think is it's name. Is that a pattern you made up or is there a printed version somewhere?

thank you... The original idea was from an afghan pattern I have, but I changed everything but the piecing pattern.

It was a lot of fun to do, but very time consuming at the end with the sewing and end weaving (each segment needed a different color yarn so it wouldn't show).

I could share generic directions, if you are interested.

Darski, my scarf is actually cream it's just the cell phone pic and lack of daylight makes it look washed out.

I happen to be a major fan of "Winter" white so I didn't think it was washed out at all. I did ask because I know how tricky cameras and lighting conditions can be these days.

it is just lovely :c9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I actually finished mine! I only added two flowers as I think it's going to belong to my Mum & she doesn't like much in the way of embellishments or colour *lol* I still can't get a true colour pic, I'm blaming my cellphone photography!001_picnik.jpg

I'm amazed I havent seen this CAL before, I'm working on this pattern for my mom to give a friend as a birthday gift. She picked it out of the catalog LB sent me.

This is a very pretty scarf but I do think it does not need all the flowers. i saw this in the vid for the LB fashion show and the big flowers did not really play well... IMHO

Archived