LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

Darski, I forgot just how quick you are. the peach is beautiful.

I am doing a mortified version of this scarf, actually it will be a jacket that I am hoping I can transform this into. Anywho, colors are Black with red roses and green leaves. If it works out I will post pictures. There is alot of changes to the original pattern I will have to make. So wish me luck.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty in Peach, Darski...

I am leaning towards less flowers too...I think more flowers are just too heavy for a single strander. Gotta say I really think the hat sets it off nice.

:drool Darski, I loooove it! I think the hat makes it even better... and I like that it is in the same stitch as the scarf. Awesome!

Tracey - your jacket idea sounds wonderful, good luck and keep us posted :cheer

Well I got the left front panel of my Scarf turned into jacket done. I plan to do the front in the Irish lace, and the back will be a simpler stitch to save time. I made a couple of roses and leaves, but missed placed one set of them. Still trying to figure that one out. Oh well, I think it is looking good so far, I think the arms are going to need to be the same stitch as the front. Guess I will just have to do a swatch and see how I like. Anyway, How are all of yall doing with your pieces?

:clap:clap:clapYay, Kim!!! I was just thinking about you, and how you were getting on with that wool! Now you're on the home stretch, baby!

Tracey - :drool I can't wait to see this jacket! You must be really fast! Do you have any WIP pics that you could share?! :wink

As far as my progress goes... :angryI haven't been able to do much of any crocheting this week:( Too much extra housework to get ready for SuperBowl party... Oh well, at least tomorrow is Friday, and I am committed to the Scarf Friday CAL, so I might just finish yet!:yay

I can take pictures no problem, only I changed from a PC to a Mac and have not yet mastered procedures on this thing. Once I figure this out I will post photos.

We are having a super bowl party as well....Go Arizona :cheer

Have fun with yours!

I didn't get much done Sunday. It's my only day off and of course it was Super Bowl Sunday. My DD and I went to Joann's in Colonia. I found some really nice yarn that I am going to make a long duster with. I got three different colors of yarn to make three different dusters. One for my DD ( Red ) and then one for her girlfriend (Pink/Black) and then of course for myself (Lavender). Maybe once I am finished with this I will start a CAL about the duster as I have three of them to make.

I would really like to try this with the black, white and red but I have too many things on the jo just now to be planning another of these.

it would be nice though.

I keep checking in to see how y'all are doing.

I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!

I had to start this scarf!

I have an afghan and a doily on the hooks already but this scarf has been calling to me in my sleep.......................

I'm at the beginning of row 10 :blush

I started this scarf with 2 strands RHSS Color 4334-Buff Fleck and I'm making it for my daughter who will be deploying later this year. No bright colors - I don't want her to be "sniper-friendly" because of something I made her.

She loves peacock colors so I believe she'll get something in that color scheme when she returns. I just have to figure out what the something is :D

I feel like an addict that just admitted an addiction :hook

I have an afghan and a doily on the hooks already but this scarf has been calling to me in my sleep.......................

I started this scarf with 2 strands RHSS Color 4334-Buff Fleck and I'm making it for my daughter who will be deploying later this year. No bright colors - I don't want her to be "sniper-friendly" because of something I made her.

She loves peacock colors so I believe she'll get something in that color scheme when she returns. I just have to figure out what the something is :D

it really is a nice scarf. I am going to use my hat and scarf to celebrate Spring... if it ever comes :wlol

I would really like to try this with the black, white and red but I have too many things on the jo just now to be planning another of these.

it would be nice though.

I keep checking in to see how y'all are doing.

that would be a pretty one, indeed!:yes

:welcome, Que_66... to the wonderful world of crochet addicts, and to this CAL... it is really fun!:hug

I like that RHSS buff fleck... it's gonna look so smart!

Well, I got the two front panels done, I will start working on the back tonight. It will be a lighter stitch that is in like kind to the front . Any suggestions?? I hurt my wrist on Monday, but it so far doesn't bother me to crochet.. I just can't lift any thing. My cousin massaged it yesterday afternoon, and I applied ice to bring down the swelling, and last night O used one of those heat wraps ( they make them for your wrist now ) This morning the hand/ arm is still pretty swollen, I have a wrist brace I will put on in a bit.

Welcome! I think the scarf would be perfect in that color!!

Well, I got the two front panels done, I will start working on the back tonight. It will be a lighter stitch that is in like kind to the front . Any suggestions?? I hurt my wrist on Monday, but it so far doesn't bother me to crochet.. I just can't lift any thing. My cousin massaged it yesterday afternoon, and I applied ice to bring down the swelling, and last night O used one of those heat wraps ( they make them for your wrist now ) This morning the hand/ arm is still pretty swollen, I have a wrist brace I will put on in a bit.

sorry to hear about your wrist :( ...hope your doing better!:hug

I :drool can't wait to see your jacket :drool

Ok, somebody twisted my arm...

I started working on the one in black, red and white. I don't know when it will get done but I just had to start it. it kept calling my name :rofl

:devil you are a trip!!!! :rofl

:yes see? yarn CAN talk!!!:laughroll:heehee

My cousin came by the other day and massaged my hand wrist and arm, It took two days but it feels better, I decided on the moss stitch for the back and arms. I got a little done last night. We are having a weekend away and I didn't bring it into the hotel with me.

Darski, I have yarn talk to me as well. The black red and white should be stunning.

Archived