LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I visited the site, doesn't mention anything about security. Is it safe??

yes

Open Office is being used by foreign governments.

Although I don't quite know how a word or presentation program would be "unsafe". Maybe you could tell me what you mean by "safe" so I can better answer your question.

Hope every one is loving this pattern! I'm almost finished the base scarf and will be starting on the flowers and leaves....anyone have their's finished yet?

i am still working on my base as well. I have just put too many WIPs on my plate to be making great progress on any of them :eek

But I got a lot of it done yesterday. I'm now ahead by a couple of hats/week and have to start my TP roll TP cover so I can get more done.

yes

Open Office is being used by foreign governments.

Although I don't quite know how a word or presentation program would be "unsafe". Maybe you could tell me what you mean by "safe" so I can better answer your question.

I thought because it was an open source program, (a wikki), anyone could go in and change or use it. Was also concerned about hacking back into my pc. Lot of personal stuff I wouldn't want others gaining access to.

Hope every one is loving this pattern! I'm almost finished the base scarf and will be starting on the flowers and leaves....anyone have their's finished yet?

frogged mine...didn't like the way it looked, think my hook was too big for a single strand of the yarn I used (very soft). Started the base again last night with smaller hook, and as you can tell by previous posts, I got hung up on my other scarf.

Hope to get that other stuff resolved, as a lot of nice folks are giving me some good advice.

Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread Kim :blush:wink . Promise to be a good girl, and work on it tonight.

I thought because it was an open source program, (a wikki), anyone could go in and change or use it. Was also concerned about hacking back into my pc. Lot of personal stuff I wouldn't want others gaining access to.

no, when you download the program, it is as if you had installed Microsoft Office - the full package. You get a power point maker, a spread sheet etc etc and as I said it is used by governments.

Once you dl you are not connected or in danger that I have ever heard. I still get the newsletter

Ok, I thought I'd jump in....as a newbie, and join you gals on this scarf. But I'm having some problems with the roses coming out right...any suggestions?

I have been slack. Like Darski I have joined a few too many CAL/KAL anyway today is catch up day so off to work a little on my scarf. Hopefully I will have a progress pic tomorrow.

hi, all!

I have been pondering how I am gonna squeeze this one in... it is just so darn PRETTY! :dreaming

It just occurred to me: tomorrow is Friday (Scarf Fridays CAL), and I need a February scarf, so... I will be jumping in... Oh, and mine will be a Valentine's gift to ME! I do love roses!:c9:c9

Thanks for this CAL... I can't wait to see all the pretty pics!:yes

Well I have restarted my scarf as per the pattern. No alterations since I wanted to make a shawl but I can't get anymore of the yarn and I don't want to buy another batch. So scarf it is. I have done about 1/10th so far.

So glad to see others joining in!:cheer I thought maybe this CAL had died when it started turning into a computer/programming discussion...:(

I've had a migraine so have only been doing a little crochet this week but I'm almost finished with the base and will start on the flowers soon!:hook

Ok, I thought I'd jump in....as a newbie, and join you gals on this scarf. But I'm having some problems with the roses coming out right...any suggestions?

Can you describe the problem you're having with the roses?:) Maybe we can help!:yes

hi, all!

I have been pondering how I am gonna squeeze this one in... it is just so darn PRETTY! :dreaming

It just occurred to me: tomorrow is Friday (Scarf Fridays CAL), and I need a February scarf, so... I will be jumping in... Oh, and mine will be a Valentine's gift to ME! I do love roses!:c9:c9

Thanks for this CAL... I can't wait to see all the pretty pics!:yes

That's great Leanne! What yarn will you be using?:cheer

Well I have restarted my scarf as per the pattern. No alterations since I wanted to make a shawl but I can't get anymore of the yarn and I don't want to buy another batch. So scarf it is. I have done about 1/10th so far.

Excellent! :clap I'm going to buy more yarn after I make this one with the Fishermans yarn and also make a shawl from the pattern but I'll be doing it as a wrap (long rectangle) instead of a triangle shawl. That way I don't have to change the pattern too much and confuse myself!:lol

That's great Leanne! What yarn will you be using?:cheer

well... I wanted pink SS, but it is too cold to go in my attic "stash" to get it... :wbrr

Sooo... I have a single skein of TLC Amore' in Vanilla that has asked me to play with it :whew... I love when that happens! I am only doing single strand, though, as I will probably wear it doubled anyway... it's kind of wide for me.

I am playing around, and will let you know what comes out of it. Thanks again for this CAL! Roses are my FAVORITE!

So glad to see others joining in!:cheer I thought maybe this CAL had died when it started turning into a computer/programming discussion...:(

:2eek:embar:embar:embar:ohdear:blinkThat would have been me, :( so very sorry.

I did get most of the base, 1 flower, 1 large leaf and 1 small leaf done.

I needed to see if the color combo I pictured in my head would work.

So far doing good.

Maybe I could just treat myself to one little rose before I finish the base. I assure you that I have been very, very good this last week :angel and it wouldn't really be jumping the queue to make a rose would it :blush

:rofl

hey, all-

thought I'd check in... I am almost halfway through the base scarf. I'm liking the texture of the TLC Amore yarn:c9...

I am hoping to be onto starting the roses by Monday night, but by Tuesday for sure! I am FORCING myself to do the whole base first, so I make sure I finish the whole thing!

ZoeZoe'sMom: i hope you are feeling better!

I'll be working on my base scarf today...I'm halfway thru. I think it would be going faster if I liked the yarn better. The Fishermans yarn I'm using is really nice but it's a little scratchy so it's not as nice to work with as the softer yarns.

yeah, Kim, fisherman wool is scratchy... I tip my hat to you :nworthy I can't work with it .

I finished the base to the length the pattern called for, and did the trim. I wasn't crazy about the drape, and it didn't wrap around once, like I like. SOOO... in my typical style, I am deviating from the pattern a little.

I :frog:frog:2frog'd the trim, and made the scarf longer... about 70". Now, I can start the :rose:rose!!!! :cheer:clap

I need to hurry up, tho- I have another :yarn tellin me it wants to be this scarf, too :D It is a sport weight brushed, Light grey with plum and peridot colored flecks in it. It has lived with me for a looong time, so I am happy that it has FINALLY decided what it wants to be!:applause:jumpyay

Guess I will get more :rose :rose than I thought for :valday

the only trouble is, some other projects are just gonna have to wait :wink I am having too much fun with this one!:c9:wgrin

Lee Anne, I agree about the length of this scarf. I had already decided that I was going longer for it as well. 57" is just so 'nowhere' :rofl

I can't wait to see your fleck version... should be a Totally Wow version. :dreaming

Oooooh, LeaAnne, that other yarn sounds gorgeous!! To make myself feel better with the Fisherman yarn, I've been looking thru my stash and planning what I'll use next...it's helping me to stay motivated to finish!

Archived