Annie's Attic - ??

Craw

I could be wrong, but isn't Annie's Attic and e-pattern central owned by the same people?

I mean the free patterns of the day can be found on e-pattern central.

Now as for your question, it would depend on if I only wanted the one pattern, or the whole book. So at times, yes I would.:hook

I have to agree with craw here. If you wanted to you could just print the one pattern out of the mag and still pay less doing it that way.

It always pays to shop around. (And I didn't know you could order the entire mag online)

I could be wrong, but isn't Annie's Attic and e-pattern central owned by the same people?

Yes, they are both owned by the same parent company. There are many valid reasons why a magazine issue can be sold for a lower price than an individual pattern.

There are quite a few different ways to calculate the selling price of an item.

It doesn't mean the company is trying to take advantage of anyone. It just shows that it would be smart for all customers to comparison shop before making a purchase so the customer is purchasing the item that is the best fit for their individual needs at that particular time.

Yeah, come to think of it, e-pattern central and Annie's Attic are the same company. I would also buy separate patterns but not when the one pattern costs more than the entire issue of Crochet it was first published in - and still available. :hook

Not everyone is as computer-savvy. They might be familiar with Annie's Attic but not other websites, or they simply might trust Annie's Attic a bit more because they've done business with them in the past.

Years ago, a current sewing pattern for a dog was sold on eBay for close to $100. With a little research, I found the artist's site and bought the same pattern for $8. Anyone could have tried it. It's a matter of how much effort you want to put into the search.

It was a FREE pattern in one of their magazines not the last issue but the one before that and now it is for sale as a single item. I agree this is a bit much. You can buy the back issue of the magazine and yes, it is on the cover and get a lot more patterns for the same price. Now go figure that one!

Archived