Huge hat... Or something else?

I started working on what I originally intended to be a hat... But then realized earlier today that it might be a tad too big around as a hat... And then my brain gave me the brilliant of turning it into a drawstring bag with some sort of straps that I would crochet later and then sew onto the bag...

Should I go with the first idea and just let it be a funky slightly loose hat (if so I could probably figure out how to make it slightly like a bucket-style hat) or should I go with the second idea of the bag?

If it's going to be a hat, then it's more than halfway done...

I would really appreciate the input. I'd post pictures of what I've got done so far but alas, I cannot find the usb cable to the camera...

As soon as I finish my cup of Chamomile Tea I will be putting it down anyway and go to bed.

That's a tough one for me because I would've just frogged it, have done it a gazillion times with things that are not turning right, even when it put me on a time crunch. If this is for you, you just ask yourself if you'd be happy with the floppy/bucket hat or happier with the bag, not knowing what it looks like it's hard for me to suggest either... Best wishes with your choice!:)

There is no way I am just frogging it... Hmmm. I might have to do some serious pondering on this one before I figure out which I want it to be...

Is it done as far as you are going to be for a hat? Try it on.. if you dont like the fit.. keep going and turn it into a drawstring bag. Either way.. you will have something useful!!! :U

:heart

:mug

Or perhaps turn it into an artistic bowl? If you are working with wool you could see what felting does...

Unfortunately the yarn is 100 percent Acrylic. I don't really have the cash for wool or any other animal yarns and am just beginning anyway... I was kinda thinking maybe a bowl at one point, but there really is no place for it around the apartment as it probably would get ruined pretty quickly if it was just for decoration.

I'm sure if it was wool and I felted it, it would fit somebody in the family as a nice hat...

Archived