2 different sizes yarn

dogymom

Hi Y'all,

I want to try my hand at felting a purse. I'm not using a specific pattern. My question is this: Can different yarn thickness' be used together? I have 2 skeins of Naturelle Aran 10 ply (one black, and one gray), and 2 skeins of Araucania Nature Wool that is 4 ply, and thinner(these colors are teal and burgundy). I think these colors would look pretty felted together, but was unsure if I should mix 2 different thicknesses of yarn together. Will it be okay?

Thanks for your help!

You could, or your could change the hook size smaller for the thinner yarn to keep it kinda uniform. Once it fulls, it all looks the same. You could also double up the thinner yarn and do that section with two strands together. If you go to my "design" blog, you'll see a bucket bag I did. This was with different brands, thicknesses and it looks uniform throughout.

It looks great Deneen! I was just afraid I'd screw it up or something. I finally found a pattern that I like, only to discover I need more black yarn. On hold for a little while longer! :P

Thanks for your help!:hug

Archived