wyckofr

Frigid Greetings from Alaska!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have come across these forums. I'm a 30 year old architect up in Anchorage, AK and have recently started crocheting again. My great-grandma and my mom taught me when I was pretty young. I did a few projects but then quit for several years. I've always been a little self conscious about the fact that I can and enjoy crocheting. But some good friends of mine got pregnant this last year and I thought a really nice present for them would be to make a baby afghan, so I did and that has really got me back into crocheting. I've recently gotten into making hats and neckties.

My friends had their baby on Sunday and it was so rewarding to give them that afghan. They were almost speechless that I had made it. Come to find out, he had done some crocheting when he was younger too hah.

So that's a little about me. Look forward to gettin to know more of you and learning more. :hook

Rick

Welcome Rick! Hope you enjoy the 'ville'! :crocheting

Welcome! Anchorage is my hometown. :wgrin

Welcome from PA!

Alaska, one of those places we hope to visit - SOMEDAY!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Gina, that's awesome you live in Anchorage too. Hope you're staying warm. This cold is just crazy!

I've noticed that several folks on the forums are from Oklahoma. That's where I'm originally from. I moved to Alaska 4 years ago. I'll claim to be an Okie till the day I die :yes.

Howdy from Oklahoma Rick

Welcome to Crochetville

what part of oklahoma?

Hey there Terri. I'm from Chester, OK which is out in the northwest part, around Woodward.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Gina, that's awesome you live in Anchorage too. Hope you're staying warm. This cold is just crazy!

I've noticed that several folks on the forums are from Oklahoma. That's where I'm originally from. I moved to Alaska 4 years ago. I'll claim to be an Okie till the day I die :yes.

I'm actually from Anchorage, but I am currently living in Oklahoma! We're down in Lawton and have lived here for a few years. We're moving to WA State in two weeks due to my husband's job. I haven't actually lived in Anchorage since 1992 or so, but we spent 2002 to 2005 up in Fairbanks. Now THAT was cold! :yes

Welcome Rick!

:mdust...a joyful welcome to you...from Maggie in Stoneboro, PA !!!:mdust

:welcome to the 'ville, Rick. I think:think you will find the 'ville to be a very friendly place. I find it very interesting your vocation is an architect and your advocation is a crocheter:crocheting. Somehow the two just go together but I'm not sure I can explain how:huh.

:waving Kathy Monzon

tnkycrochetnut:turtle

welcome to crochetville

welcome from Michigan

:yesWelcome from the beaches of southeastern North Carolina. You are going to love this place. We at our house think your Governor is one "FINE LADY"! :yes

Wow, thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!

Kathy- Yeah, I think the 2 actually have some similar qualities. I love the textures and structures of crochet. Color and yarn types, it's all pretty similar to things I have to consider in architecture.

Celia- I think our governor is pretty hot too haha :clap

Gina- haha, isn't it a small world? I'm amazed how many people I know up here that have a connection to Oklahoma. One guy at my office is from Oklahoma... I think the Talequah area. Another fellah in our office in Fairbanks actually went to Oklahoma State with me. He was even in my class. It's amazing we both ended up in Alaska and are now working for the same firm haha.

Rick

:hi and :welcome from Nashville, TN!