Little Button Loafers (Updated with 1 button strap version)

lis

Update:

This is the 1 button strap version that's found in the same pattern. There're more pictures here.

3181401693_db2bb7952c_m.jpg

3158770831_0210831e17_m.jpg

I made these cuties for a friend who's having a baby. My last few projects have been knit ones so it's great to kickstart 2009 with a crocheted FO. :)

Pattern is available from Sylver Designs. Yarn used is Rowan All Seasons Cotton.

Details and more pictures in my blog post.

Those are so adorable because the design is spot on. Are the soles also yarn? I've made slippers by felting a huge square and cutting soles from the felt, but I've never seen a design for the top of the shoe as unique as yours.

The details are wonderful. The buttons, the contrasting colors .. they really make the shoe!

Those are so adorable because the design is spot on. Are the soles also yarn? I've made slippers by felting a huge square and cutting soles from the felt, but I've never seen a design for the top of the shoe as unique as yours.

The details are wonderful. The buttons, the contrasting colors .. they really make the shoe!

Thanks! Sylver has really cute designs for crocheted booties. Yep, the soles are crocheted from yarn and are actually doubled so little feet will feel cushy and comfortable. :)

Those are so stinkin cute!!!:lol You did a beautiful job. Are the little buttons wooden?

I love Sylvers patterns, I have purchased from her in the past & will probably do so again in the future!

Those are so stinkin cute!!!:lol You did a beautiful job. Are the little buttons wooden?

I love Sylvers patterns, I have purchased from her in the past & will probably do so again in the future!

Nope, they're plastic. I'd have loved to use wooden ones but the only buttons I had on hand that'd fit were plastic ones.

Yes! Her designs are adorable. I'm already eyeing some of her other ones. :hook

I really like these; do you think it would be easy to make them bigger, e.g. for a toddler?

Personally, I'll say it looks a little complicated because I have not had much crocheting experience. Perhaps you'll like to contact the designer and ask about resizing tips or if she has plans to release the pattern with more sizes in future? :)

What cute loafers. I went to Sylvers to get the pattern but she is gone for awhile. Can hardly wait to get started:cheer I love to crochet baby items and especially items that are different. Thanks so much for sharing. Tarianna

Archived