[Ended] Snowflakes in July Along

Julie

Julie, we should all be thanking you for doing this for us!

Yes, exactly! I've been admiring your snowflakes for ages without ever getting off my butt and actually making one, and now I've finally gotten started :yay

I still need to block my last 3 snowflakes. Life keeps getting in the way of my crochet habit :P My 12-hour shifts this week were yesterday and today (I'm 11 and a half hours into today's--is there a falling over with a thud smiley? :lol ), so I'm thinking tomorrow I'll manage to get them blocked...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did do snowflakes during the week. :D My Grandma is now here for visit so taking longer to get things posted. I managed to get 7 snowflakes blocked. I have 3 others waiting to be blocked 1 of which I need to figure out it should be 3-D if done correctly. Will get a picture of them posted ASAP.:blush

Well, since yesterday was Monday and I can still make snowflakes on Monday (class starts in 2 weeks), I finished off one of the placemats for my Mom for Christmas. It's the pattern you can link to via CPC, minus the green ribbons. I used cotton ease for the placemat itself (thanks to whoever posted two weeks ago about the cotton ease at Tuesday Morning; that's where I got three skeins for $6). I used On line Paloma for the snowflakes, and I'm not happy with them. It was very slippery to use, and then when I weaved them into the placemat itself, they look kind of, well, bad. I may try using thread snowflakes on the next one. Or maybe just no snowflakes. Mom has a red kitchen, so she could use them year round if I took the snowflakes off. It's hard to tell that they look stupid in the photo, but trust me, they do.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/placemat.jpg

Patty

Thank you, Chie! I just checked yours out and they are gorgeous! :yay

I definitely need to take my brand-new 40% off Joann's coupon over there and see if they have a snowflake book. The ones you all are getting out of the books are so pretty!

D'oh! I'm always hitting the submit button before I'm finished typing LOL

Patty, in the photo the snowflakes look adorable. :manyheart I wonder, though--if you'd rather make a red set without the snowflakes that she can use year-round, but you want to add some snowflakes to it, maybe some matching napkin rings with the snowflakes would be pretty, and probably pretty quick to make...

Archived