[Ended] Snowflakes in July Along

Julie

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in! :hyper I'm a newbie, this is my first CAL, and I've only recently started working with thread. Thanks for all the beginner patterns.

Faith

Count me in, Julie. I have used a snowflake and snowman theme for Christmas for a few years now. This CAL is just the catalyst I need to crochet snowflakes for the tree. I will use the Garden blog for posting progress photos.

thanks,

The start date is getting closer! I've been frantically trying to finish up some WIPs this weekend - trying to remove temptation because if I see it sitting around (or even know its in the apartment) I'll be getting the urges next week to do just one little thing here, or one little thing there other than my snowflakes...and I so want to be a good girl on this CAL!

The start date is getting closer! I've been frantically trying to finish up some WIPs this weekend - trying to remove temptation because if I see it sitting around (or even know its in the apartment) I'll be getting the urges next week to do just one little thing here, or one little thing there other than my snowflakes...and I so want to be a good girl on this CAL!

I'm with you, I rushed to finish one doily and now I've got another doily that I'm working on for Mom. I know I won't even be close to finishing it by Monday, so I'll have to hide it somewhere in the meantime. If I see it I'm going to be so tempted!

Hm, so I guess this is a Monday-Sunday CAL? :)

Is everyone getting ready, planning out snowflake-themed items to make?

I'm hoping that I will be able to catch up on thread snowflakes from the few snowflake Mondays I missed, plus start and finish up my snowflake themed stranded knitting... :) Tomorrow I will get the yarn and needles ready for that as well as my white thread and lurex!

Hooray!

I'm all excited! :yay I'm going to have to hide the thread hair kerchief I'm working on, though, since I know it's not likely that I'll finish it before Monday.

I have a couple of patterns picked out so far but am going to search out and print some more tomorrow...

Yes, Monday through Sunday. I'm hoping to get three or four done a day :ha but will do my best. That is if I can work without interruption and don't have to go to the grocery store, bank, post office, or pharmacy. Guess what? It isn't going to happen! But I'll be happy with two a day (I think), and hope to do more. I bought more white thread the other day too, now I just need to wind it with the Lurex. :jumpyay

I forgot to bring my crochet bag to work today! I'll be minding the register for at least an hour and won't be able to crochet :eek (Not to mention my break...)

Ah well, it's a short day for me so I'll be able to make snowflakes at home...

Thanks for the warning LOL! :D

It's so hard to make out the colors online--- any idea which would look best with white thread? Maybe something that would be iradescent, but not to overwhelming? I would like to use it with future snowflakes first, then maybe move on to some colors...

Any ideas?

The iridescent is the best I think by far for snowflakes. I've bought the clear, pearl and iridescent and like that one the best. Don't be thrown by the photo, it's not a great one, but the Lurex is. Plus, it blends really well with other pastel colors too, so it isn't as if you would only use it with white.

-------------------------

I got one snowflake made this evening, an upset stomach kept me feeling up to much of anything this morning. I'm better now, so bring on the thread and hooks!

Thanks for the info Julie! I figured it would be safer to ask for opinions rather than trying to guess by looking at the on-line pic LOL!

I only got 1 flake done too:(...I was soo exhausted from being up all night with the kids- everytime I sat down to start crocheting...my eyes started to cross:lol! Maybe we'll both have better luck tomorrow!:hook

Archived