Ornaments I almost forgot I had

When we decorated our tree this year, DH brought me a box I had forgotten about....I knew I had some crocheted things hidden away somewhere but I didn't know where. These are all things I made in the 80s....

I really like these red ones...I love diamond shapes.

th_100_4079.jpg

th_100_4034.jpg

This is one of my favorite flakes; I made some more of them 2 years ago and gave them as gifts.

th_100_4082.jpg

I really like this one too but it's a little large in sz 10 thread.

th_100_4081.jpg

I remember when I made these I was disappointed in them because I wanted a more snowflake look, but now I think they are really cute.

th_100_4078.jpg

these next 3 are made from some tiny metallic thread I inherited from my mother. No idea where she got it (in the 60s or 70s) or what's available today that is similar, but I should try to find it at Lacis or some place. I remember I really enjoyed working with it and esp with the beads, they look great on the tree.

th_100_4077.jpg

th_100_4076.jpg

th_100_4075.jpg

this one I think was a gift I received rather than one I made, but thought I'd share as it is very pretty and i like the open look.

th_100_4074.jpg

Oh, I just love all your snowflakes!! I have the pattern for the last snowflake. I really did like this one. I was going to give my kids and grandkids snowflakes and crochet ornament ball covers as Christmas gifts, but alas, I never got to starch the snowflakes. I guess I have around 300 and some days to starch the snowflakes, huh??:lol

Archived