my fingerless gloves

Momcrochets

I discovered this month, that my oversized winter coat, does NOT have oversized sleeves when it comes to length. Everytime I was outside shovelling snow, my wrists would be exposed (between my puffy-fat shovelling gloves and my coat). Brrr. So I went looking through my patterns for some fingerless gloves, and didn't like what I saw, couldn't find what I thought should be there.

So I came up with these, using Sport weight yarn. Thin enough to go under gloves and coat. But I found out I like them in the house too :) I'm wearing them while I'm at the computer...and I've worn them crocheting in the evening too.

PC301211.jpg

Denise...I actually put them on Under my regular puffy gloves and my winter jacket. :) But no matter what I put on them, my fingers always get cold outside in the winter...as do my poor toes! :P

I love those, I was just telling my daughter about those and asked her if I ever learned to make them would she wear them and she said yes she would love some of those, but I have looked at patterns and just not sure if I can do it, I can do the basics but would love to make something like that because they would make good gifts and wearing them at the computer sounds great also because my hands get cold too what a wonderful idea.

You know, Deborah, since I made them we've had very cold weather, but not enough snow to shovel! :yaya So I have no idea how well they really work for that! :eek But they do work nicely in the house!:manyheart

Loves2stitch, they really are quite simple...think of a tube with a thumbhole. :D There are several patterns out there. (I haven't written this one up, but I know there's one, I believe it's here in the 'Ville for a shell-stitch set. Not by me :P) I'm sure you can make a set. :yes

Ah, sooo cute! I'm actually thinking about crocheting something like that soon. :) I'm just doing what's (almost) the most fun; browsing for patterns. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived