Momcrochets

Baby Socks Laundry Bags

These are loosely based off a Judith Prindle pattern (I belive). Her's were more of an open filet mesh type pattern, I used the chain-5 mesh. Essentially I used thread and a larger than normal hook (B, in this case) to make these tiny bags. I made something like these almost 2 years ago, for my SIL, as part of her shower gift. Evidently she really liked them, as she asked me to make some for a friend of hers who just had a baby. So here's what I made for her friend.

PC301208.jpg

Very pretty. Those sock laundry bags for babies come in so handy. I almost wish there was a big kid version. lol

Very pretty. Those sock laundry bags for babies come in so handy. I almost wish there was a big kid version. lol

When their socks get too big for the tiny bags, I move to the mesh bags with zippers ("for sweaters/delicates") Sometimes I can even find them at $ Tree. I used the zipper/mesh bags for DD's bibs when she was tiny, too. now they're for tights, etc etc. All the socks are big enough that they just go into the wash "loose".

Those ones were about 5" (multi) high and 6" (white) high, before the drawstring...that's unstretched of course...mesh is so stretchy, I find. and the small one is about 3" wide maybe? I have them all bundled into an envelope ready for the PO, so it's rather hard to measure them now...maybe I should have, eh?