'Allo 'Allo

beautifulcheese

Hi! Yet another semi-new crocheter here. I taught myself this past year by watching videos online and seem to be getting a hook on it. I definitely love it. Especially being able to pet the lovely yarn :)

Let's see. I'm a 33 year old Canadian gal who is a little shy but get a few stitches into me and I'll come out of my shell. I live with my cat who threatens to kill me every day but I put up with him as he leaves the yarn alone. I'm on the computer way too much and my Nintendo DS the rest of the time when I'm not screwing up some crocheted toy. That's where my main focus seems to be seeing as I don't have the patience or knowledge for long projects as of yet.

Anyway, that's me. See you around the boards I hope :)

Hi and welcome neighbor to the north of me! I wouldn't worry about the cat too much. My experience is that they tire easily from silently plotting your death and will end up taking a nap. Crocheting was alot easier to learn than I first suspected. There are really only a handful of stitches and the rest of it is just repeating it in different ways. The one thing I get stuck on is gauge which is why I've only made one wearable item thus far. What DS games do you play?

Hi and welcome neighbor to the north of me!
Crocheting was alot easier to learn than I first suspected. There are really only a handful of stitches and the rest of it is just repeating it in different ways. The one thing I get stuck on is gauge which is why I've only made one wearable item thus far.
That is the one thing that I'm stuck on to. I think it is because I'm lazy and get discouraged at the idea of hooking a piece to just see what size. Plus the one time I really tried I kept getting it wrong so I gave up on that afghan.
What DS games do you play?
I tend to like the puzzle games like Puzzle Quest (basically Bejewelled but w/ knights) or Professor Layton. I also am addicted to all the Lego versions of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Oh and Batman. Appeals to the little kid inside of me.

I think it is because I'm lazy and get discouraged at the idea of hooking a piece to just see what size.

I tend to like the puzzle games like Puzzle Quest (basically Bejewelled but w/ knights) or Professor Layton. I also am addicted to all the Lego versions of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Oh and Batman. Appeals to the little kid inside of me.

That's the same with me. That's why I like the amis so much. No gauge.

I got Disgaea recently which is a pretty fun puzzle type game. I got my DBF lego star wars and lego indiana jones and haven't seen them since. I like a lot of the casual stuff, too, like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. It's nice to have a game that I can play for 4 or 5 minutes while I'm waiting for something and put down whenever I'm ready.

Archived