Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

Hi,

Is anyone technically and graphically inclined in the button/badge/banner making field? I'd love to have a button to pop on my blog or something... (not that there is much of anything else on my blog :rofl)

Cheers,

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very pretty choice Marika! I got my sparklie pale blue thread last week from Crochet Australia. I also have the white so I can make one each.

Is it the Madame Tricote Maxi? That is what I got - I am working with it now, it feels a bit odd :P... I've gone a size larger than my usual for size 10 to work it (of course that is a size 8 hook, still one smaller than usually called for in patterns :lol.) I can't wait to see how the light blue looks in yours :D.

I also picked up some of the Excel metallic yarn pearly coloured stuff when I was at Spotlight yesterday, we'll see how that performs... :think

Happy :flakeing!

Hi All,

Happy Down Under Monday! :devil

I had one of these made already. (The white one)

I liked it so much I was very happy to see it named for week #2. Thank you Wanda! :manyheart

Thank you Linda for the beautiful pattern. :manyheart I found it well thought out, easy to follow, and quick to make.

I used:

White size 30 and a #10 hook

The larger silver is silver thread I found on the DMC perle cotton display at Jo Ann Fabric and Crafts. It's certainly not cotton but I don't know what it is. I used a #7 hook.

The little silver one - sorry the photo is not good - it's a scan - Maybe I'll get a better pic with my camera tomorrow in the daylight. It's made with sewing thread and a #12 hook.

th_IMG-15-1.jpg click me!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

Hi All,

I liked it so much I was very happy to see it named for week #2. Thank you Wanda! :manyheart

Thank you Linda for the beautiful pattern. :manyheart I found it well thought out, easy to follow, and quick to make.

I used:

The larger silver is silver thread I found on the DMC perle cotton display at Jo Ann Fabric and Crafts. It's certainly not cotton but I don't know what it is. I used a #7 hook.

The little silver one - sorry the photo is not good - it's a scan - Maybe I'll get a better pic with my camera tomorrow in the daylight. It's made with sewing thread and a #12 hook.

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

Thanks, for the compliments on the pattern, Nancy. I try very hard not to assume those making my patterns will automatically know a step. Spelling it out has always seemed to save time in the long run whenever I've written up instructions for anything. Glad you like it.

Hi All,

I used:

Nice work, Cosmo!

I also congratulate Linda on the pattern. Ditto on your remarks :lol (I like not having to think for myself :rofl )...

I have two on the drying rack/blocking towel at the moment and pics in the camera, perhaps I can upload them when my two crazy children calm down (oh, wait, that would be never :think maybe when they are asleep? :sleep:yes).

I've also got sneak preview pics of my creation for next week... I am still working on the pattern, just realised this morning that I'd better define a stitch term that I haven't done yet :sigh... why can't these things edit themselves?

Happy :crocheting all!

Here is my offering for Week 2:

(clickable)

th_DSC04604.jpg

White done with Cebelia #10 and size 9 hook.

th_DSC04605.jpg

Silver done in new Madame Tricote Maxi size 10 white with silver wrap and size 8 hook.

And.... a sneak peek for next week - if anyone can think of a name for these fellas, feel free to give me ideas :D:think

th_DSC04601.jpg

Cheers,

Here is my offering for Week 2:

(clickable)

th_DSC04604.jpg

White done with Cebelia #10 and size 9 hook.

th_DSC04605.jpg

Silver done in new Madame Tricote Maxi size 10 white with silver wrap and size 8 hook.

And.... a sneak peek for next week - if anyone can think of a name for these fellas, feel free to give me ideas :D:think

th_DSC04601.jpg

Cheers,

how abour star flower snowflake. just an idea.

I just printed off the pattern and will give it a try this afternoon.

It just dawned on me that I will be making my own book of snowflake patterns as I work on this CAL. That means I can stop eyeing that 99 Snowflakes book at Michaels.

Here is my snowflake. I made it in size 10 thread, with a sparkly silver thread wrapped around it. I really like this pattern, but I had a terrible time with the thread. I think its back to size 3 thread for me. I could've made 3 or 4 in size 3 in the time it took me to do this one. It turned out about 3 1/2 inches across and is not yet stiffened.

th_DSCF0019-4.jpg

Done with size 10 thread, size 7 hook.

3.5" from tip to tip.

:hook:flake:snow

Lovely. I deleted your photo in the reply to save bandwidth... I like your blocking or execution - it looks more angular/crystalline/star-like than mine...

Here is my snowflake. I made it in size 10 thread, with a sparkly silver thread wrapped around it. I really like this pattern, but I had a terrible time with the thread. I think its back to size 3 thread for me. I could've made 3 or 4 in size 3 in the time it took me to do this one. It turned out about 3 1/2 inches across and is not yet stiffened.

th_DSCF0019-4.jpg

It does look lovely, though :manyheart. Feel free to use whatever size thread or yarn that makes it an enjoyable experience for you!

Lovely. I deleted your photo in the reply to save bandwidth... I like your blocking or execution - it looks more angular/crystalline/star-like than mine...

Thanks....I used the fabric stiffener, diluted with a little water, and stretched it out, pinned it, like a doily. This was a nice snowflake: simple, quick, and very pretty to boot! Just the kind I like! :lol

Ohh very pretty snowflakes so far!

I'm to the part with the rice stitches now on mine. It's a little confusing at first but I got it now :) I've never heard of rice stitch, or the other combo stitches there but it's pretty easy to put together since I did know tr and dc and the pattern is super clear about each step too. Yay! I'll post a photo once it's all done and blocked

I love this idea!!!! My mother has been asking for several years for me to make her enough snowflakes to decorate her Christmas tree in only snowflakes. This is the perfect way!! Thank you so much for thinking it up and keep the flakes coming!!!

Ohh very pretty snowflakes so far!

I'm to the part with the rice stitches now on mine. It's a little confusing at first but I got it now :) I've never heard of rice stitch, or the other combo stitches there but it's pretty easy to put together since I did know tr and dc and the pattern is super clear about each step too. Yay! I'll post a photo once it's all done and blocked

:yay I love snowflakes for learning new things - because once you learn it, it is a small enough project that you can feel the full accomplishment pretty quickly :)...

I love this idea!!!! My mother has been asking for several years for me to make her enough snowflakes to decorate her Christmas tree in only snowflakes. This is the perfect way!! Thank you so much for thinking it up and keep the flakes coming!!!

:welcome Robin :) we're happy to have you join us! I can't take credit for the initial thought, just for perpetuating it :lol

Heres my second snowflake. I made it using aunt lydias size 5 silver using a size d hook. its about 3 inches in diameter.

technicolorafghan001-4.jpg

Very nice :manyheart

Thank you for all the nice compliments on my snowflake and its pattern. I made one Monday and a thread angel as well. That was about all I could manage, as my arthritis was really acting up that day. :manyheart

Thank you for all the nice compliments on my snowflake and its pattern. I made one Monday and a thread angel as well. That was about all I could manage, as my arthritis was really acting up that day. :manyheart

:hug Hope you're feeling better :manyheart

Archived