Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snowflake1.jpg

Gonna give this a try. I hope I can keep up...

I see my mistake:lol but my step-son said no two flakes are the same so its ok...:lol

Metallic Knit-Cro Sheen

Great job! Glad to have you with us no matter how many or how few you actually get made. We have lots of fun together.

I don't think it's Monday yet, but it will be soon. :hook

Amethyst Mist, I designed this first snowflake and I hadn't ever made one before. It took me about 15 minutes to make, and it is very simple, so go for it.

All the snowflakes look great. You can't imagine what a thrill it is for me, to see all of them.

Amethyst Mist, I designed this first snowflake and I hadn't ever made one before. It took me about 15 minutes to make, and it is very simple, so go for it.

All the snowflakes look great. You can't imagine what a thrill it is for me, to see all of them.

Cindy, you did a great job on your snowflake. I did 3 of them in under an hour and they are lovely. Most of mine are done in size 10 thread with a size 7 hook. The thread is white wrapped with metallic silver which makes them sparkle. Yours looks simply super this way. :clap :clap :clap

HI, I didn't know if I was gonna join until last night when i did the first snowflake..hehe here they are. The red one is for my mom, she decided this past Christmas she wanted a red themed tree so i thought she would like some red snowflakes.

th_101_0059.jpg

HI, I didn't know if I was gonna join until last night when i did the first snowflake..hehe here they are. The red one is for my mom, she decided this past Christmas she wanted a red themed tree so i thought she would like some red snowflakes.

th_101_0059.jpg

Lovely flakes, Leticia. Welcome to the group :hi.

Cheers,

th_101_0059.jpg

Really like them both.

I think everyone has done a great job on week #1! Please don't worry about "keeping up"! The beauty (well one of them!) of a CAL is there's no pressure. Work at your own pace. The list will be here all year. :D

Last year I took a ball of thread, my hook, and my snowflake binder along when my sister and I drove to Florida. I made 10 flakes when it was her turn to drive. I had another big push in November and finished the year right on schedule. The rest of the year I was running behind by weeks sometimes but I still loved checking in weekly with Wanda, Linda, Carla, ...... and all the rest.

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

I just finished the first week snowflake! My camera is broken so I can't post a pic but when I get the camera fixed I will!

:yay

I echo Cosmo's encouragement not to worry about keeping up. We love to do the flakes, but even more so we like to connect with each other around them :).

I actually haven't even knocked off all of the 2008 flakes yet, but I keep the binder handy for when I am in the mood :D. The mood was on me today and I did another of the week 1 flake - this time in #10 Cebelia in white. I also designed a flake :crocheting:dance... and worked it up in both the #10 and my metallic #30...

With other patterns, I would definitely test them before posting a pattern - my question to you all is this - would you prefer that I have my pattern tested before offering it as a weekly pattern, or would you feel comfortable being the testers, as it were? I am asking, because I have at least one or two patterns already slotted mentally for the list (hint, hint, they've been mentioned on the thread already :D) so I have time before unveiling my pattern... input gladly received... Also, if pre-testing is preferred, would anyone like to test or would you feel a bit "been there, done that" when it made it onto the list?

Feel free to PM me with answers if you feel it does not fit the general thread...

:mdust Wanda :mdust

Wanda, I'd be glad to be a tester also. I'm going to try reserving Mondays to crochet snowflakes and angels this year. Maybe I'll get caught up on all the snowflakes for 2008 and keep up on them in 2009 that way. The angels are for a church outreach program, but they're done in the same kind of thread that I use for the snowflakes and would make great ornaments, too.

Wanda I think this CAL would be a fun place to try some new designs!!!

I love everyone's flakes so far! I have my thread on top my fridge and it stares and stares at me, poor stuff!!! haha

We are getting so many flakes in this storm right now I am not sure I need more, but the one I make will be read so that will be fun!

I love everyone's flakes so far! I have my thread on top my fridge and it stares and stares at me, poor stuff!!! haha

We are getting so many flakes in this storm right now I am not sure I need more, but the one I make will be read so that will be fun!

Oh so you're the one sending it our way! Oh thanks! Just kidding :) *goes off to crochet some more before the storm hits tonight*:crocheting

:lol

THanks for the support, everyone... I will work on typing up the pattern this week and let the CAL be my testers by putting it up as next week's flake, I will just taunt you with photos after doing this week's flake (don't you wish you knew which one it was going to be? :nahnah) :devil

For people who are uncertain about doing an untested pattern - the corrections will get posted here and on my blog (I'll transfer the pattern to the 'Ville after the "testing week") so if you hang back a bit, it should be vetted by the time you get to it.

Cheers,

:mdust Wanda :mdust

11009006.jpgoh and here's mine finally! It is about the size of a fifty cent piece

Lovely, ropergirl :)

If you are on photobucket (which you seem to be by the code in this post :devil), to make a clickable thumbnail, you select the photo from your album by clicking on the box under the photo. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the button in the right corner that says "Generate HTML and IMG codes", that will take you to a new page with 5 different types of codes, you want to copy and paste from the middle box, with "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended " over it. Just paste that whole code into the thread post and, hey presto! you should have a clickable thumbnail.

Good luck! (I LOVE clickable thumbnails!!!!)

Hi all!

Well, it is Monday here again! I have tried to go a bit later to stretch it closer to Monday for those of you in the Northern Hemi, but I just got a package from Crochet Australia with the size 10 silver wrapped white thread that I am now itching to try :devil, so here comes the pattern :D.

:flake We will do Linda's Rice Stitch flake - the Quick and Easy Snowflake :flake

The link is here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1576296&postcount=1

(That is just the pattern, for ease of printing, etc. If you wish to comment to the thread, the full thread can be found here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92916)

I will now go update the first post :2magic

:mdustWanda:mdust

Archived