Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

I think I'm going to jump in on this one. Sounds like a fun way to get lots of snowflakes done for next season. Off to work on #1 one in baby yarn and one in thread.

Will posts pics when I'm all done.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the snowflakes look lovely!

Here's my two for the week:

The bigger is done with baby yarn and the smaller with #10 thread. No more baby yarn so all will be thread from here.

DSC01097-1.jpg

I did this week's snowflake! My first ever as a thread newbie. It's made out of size 3 turquoise-colored thread, so it's not terribly snowflakey, but I'm still pretty proud of myself!

Congratulations! Who said all snowflakes have to be white?

I would like to try and join in on this CAL please :)

I love the look of crocheted snowflakes...so dainty!

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you join us. :welcome

I found the missing patterns for my trio of snowflakes this morning when I started organizing my patterns! WooHoo!:woo

i did the snowflake last evening, picture comes the next days.

:yay

All the snowflakes look lovely!

Here's my two for the week:

The bigger is done with baby yarn and the smaller with #10 thread. No more baby yarn so all will be thread from here.

DSC01097-1.jpg

:welcome and lovely flakes, the baby yarn one looks nice and soft...

I did this week's snowflake! My first ever as a thread newbie. It's made out of size 3 turquoise-colored thread, so it's not terribly snowflakey, but I'm still pretty proud of myself!

We're proud of you, too! :cheer

I would like to try and join in on this CAL please :)

I love the look of crocheted snowflakes...so dainty!

:hi Welcome, we're glad to have you :flake

...stuff deleted...

I found the missing patterns fro my trio of snowflakes this morning when I started organizing my patterns! WooHoo!:woo

:woo:jumpyay Hip, hip, Hooray! :yay This is great, I can kick back and relax... no pattern searching out needed, all I have to do is sort through the avalanche of lovely home-grown patterns and other pattern suggestions :lol... :cheer

Just checking in ;),

Here are my first ones from this weeks pattern

3176600880_a3028b3ebd_t.jpg

The first is done in DK weight white and gold thread with a 3:oomm hook and the second is done in size 12 ( equivalent 40 thread) with a .75mm hook it is less then an inch in diametre.

The photo is clickable

Thanks for looking

The first is done in DK weight white and gold thread with a 3:oomm hook and the second is done in size 12 ( equivalent 40 thread) with a .75mm hook it is less then an inch in diametre.

The photo is clickable

Thanks for looking

Lovely work, and greetings from Sydney :P whereabouts are you in Oz?

Cheers,

My first snowflake is done!!!:cheer I would have gotten it done Monday, but my DD got up sick, then I couldn't remember where I left off at. :lol So I frogged it and started again, well Tuesday morning my DS got up sick, so I finished it at 4am this morning. :lol It only took me three try's but I got it done. :lol

My kids did get up a while ago, but they feel fine. Must have been a 24 hour bug. Hopefully, it won't come back.

I'm so happy this started up again. I want to make a bunch for my Christmas tree this year. I'm even going to try and make an angel for the top and a tree skirt.

Thanks for starting it back up.

~~Lynn

:woo:jumpyay Hip, hip, Hooray! :yay This is great, I can kick back and relax... no pattern searching out needed, all I have to do is sort through the avalanche of lovely home-grown patterns and other pattern suggestions :lol... :cheer

Just checking in ;),

:rofl :rofl :rofl I have the instructions for two of them done. The post won't go up until the 3rd one is done too. They'll be listed in the original designs as "Snowflake Trio." I had to make the second one again in order to figure out my own instruction notes. :lol :lol :lol I hadn't marked where the repeat went.

th_gardnerssnowflake.jpg

Heres my snowflake. I will be making mine in red or black. Planning a gothic xmas treat for my bf this year.

It's lovely in red.

The photo is clickable

Thanks for looking

Wow! Very nice. I don't work with the tiny thread much anymore. It's too hard to see what I'm doing and makes my hands hurt.

My first snowflake is done!!!:cheer I would have gotten it done Monday, but my DD got up sick, then I couldn't remember where I left off at. :lol So I frogged it and started again, well Tuesday morning my DS got up sick, so I finished it at 4am this morning. :lol It only took me three try's but I got it done. :lol

My kids did get up a while ago, but they feel fine. Must have been a 24 hour bug. Hopefully, it won't come back.

I'm so happy this started up again. I want to make a bunch for my Christmas tree this year. I'm even going to try and make an angel for the top and a tree skirt.

Thanks for starting it back up.

~~Lynn

:yay Congratulations... both on making the flake and on surviving the family illness :hug.

I also usually wait for a few flakes to do a batch blocking :)

Regards,

snowflake1.jpg

Gonna give this a try. I hope I can keep up...

I see my mistake:lol but my step-son said no two flakes are the same so its ok...:lol

Metallic Knit-Cro Sheen

snowflake1.jpg

Gonna give this a try. I hope I can keep up...

I see my mistake:lol but my step-son said no two flakes are the same so its ok...:lol

Metallic Knit-Cro Sheen

Lovely flake... :lol I like the way your step-son's mind works ;)

Cheers,

Archived