Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done! With size 30 thread and a #10 hook it came out about 1 3/4" across before blocking.

th_IMG-14.jpg

Thanks Cindy for the pattern and thanks Wanda for the posting!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

I just crocheted the snowflake to make sure there weren't any other typos. I found a spelling mistake and made one part a little clearer, (I hope!) Hopefully I didn't make any other mistakes.

Don't worry, Cindy, I'm sure we'll let you know if we have any troubles :devil. I have printed the flake but not had opportunity to do any crocheting yet...

Cheers all!

I'm done! With size 30 thread and a #10 hook it came out about 1 3/4" across before blocking.

th_IMG-14.jpg

Thanks Cindy for the pattern and thanks Wanda for the posting!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

Nice work, Cosmo!

:mdustWanda:mdust

I am doing the snowflake garland and I love the snowflake on it!

I hope you won't feel sidelined on a future week if we post it as a pattern :D:flake... I do have it saved in my sources file :yes...

Glad to hear it is working well for you!

Cheers,

MissMaxx/Nancy/Cosmo(???) your snowflake came out very well. I can't imagine crocheting with size 30 thread. I can barely keep hold of size 3. (although I bought some size 10, and am hoping to graduate to that!)

Thanks! You'll do just fine! I'm sure you'll get to use that #10. It's just a tension adjustment. I've been working with thread a long time. (That mean's Cosmo must be an Old Fairy!) :mdust:mdust:mdust:grandma:mdust:mdust:mdust

And I gladly answer to any of those names.

Wanda (Marika) and I decided last year that if we were going to be fairies - as in Fairy Godmothers here at crochetville - we wanted to be Cosmo and Wanda instead. Actually I wanted to be Cosmo because Wanda works way too hard! :lol

It's from the "Fairly Odd Parents" cartoon - Wanda has little ones of her own at home and I have great nieces here everyday. We watch cartoons with lunch.

If you check out Marika's avatar you'll see a picture of Wanda. She's being very sweet about using that picture. It's the birthday gift I sent her. But that's Wanda, :manyheart.

Happy Monday:flake,

am I too late to join this CAL?? I finally got a chance to read it all and would love to do this! I have a few I have made in the past for my tree and love them, so this will be great to get so many more!!!!

It's never too late to join us! Welcome!

am I too late to join this CAL?? I finally got a chance to read it all and would love to do this! I have a few I have made in the past for my tree and love them, so this will be great to get so many more!!!!

Hop on in, the water (or snowbank??) is fine :D. Seriously, in our humble estimation it is NEVER too late to join this CAL - we welcome all comers at all times :welcome.

I just finished the flake for week 1 - here is my (clickable) pic, pre blocking, etc. I included a paper clip (regular size) for scale:

th_DSC04563.jpg

I used my Altin Basak silver metallic thread - it is about equivalent to a size 30 - with a size 11 hook as that was what was handy downstairs (it helped me finish off a star in progress for my friend's overdue Christmas present, so that was a good thing too!! :crocheting)

Thanks to Nancy/Missmaxx/Cosmo for explaining our Fairly odd-naming :mdust:D:mdust ... hopefully we won't confuse you all too much :confused, or at least hopefully you will not mind :manyheart.

Cheers,

Me ;)

Things are still kind of in a mess from Christmas so I haven't located the directions for the 3 snowflakes I dreamed up early last year. I did, however, sit down and dream up a new snowflake for 2009. It's listed in the free original crochet pattern section of Crochetville under Quick & Easy Snowflake - 2009. It's littler than most of my snowflakes having only 3 rounds. It's about 3 inches from point tip to point tip. I used size 10 thread and a size 7 steel crochet hook.

DCP_1550.jpg

Things are still kind of in a mess from Christmas so I haven't located the directions for the 3 snowflakes I dreamed up early last year. I did, however, sit down and dream up a new snowflake for 2009. It's listed in the free original crochet pattern section of Crochetville under Quick & Easy Snowflake - 2009. It's littler than most of my snowflakes having only 3 rounds. It's about 3 inches from point tip to point tip. I used size 10 thread and a size 7 steel crochet hook.

DCP_1550.jpg

Cute, quite a different look... I'm adding it to my source list now :computer

I failed at this last year :O( things got too busy, so I'm going to give it another try this year, if it's ok with you all?

Absolutely, Sheryl, jump right in.

Archived