Snowflake Mondays 2009

marikamum

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Count me in, I missed it last year. I best make myself a post it note or I'll get way far behind forgetting to get the pattern every Monday.

Wanda Kay, you can also subscribe to the thread, then you'll be updated when posts are made, and if you don't want to know every little time something comes in, set it to weekly notification and that can remind you when you are actually on your computer and potentially ready to access the thread :D.

Looking forward to flaking with you all!

Cheers,

I would like to try and keep up with this! I am unable to promise complete participation as I deal with spells of depression that keeps me from doing anything.

I would like to complete as many as possible. I am going to try and have a snowflake tree next year.

I know what you mean about depression keeping you from doing anything, but take heart. Everyone here is super supportive and a great group of friends. We're here if you need us. :hug

Of course, I'm in again this year. I'm sure I did 52 snowflakes last year and I'm also sure that I didn't do all of the ones on the list for last year. (I know, I know. 40 lashes with a wet noodle. :devil) I'm planning on printing them out each week this year and putting them in a notebook and marking them off as they are completed. I saw out the Old Year and saw in the New Year by doing 4 each of 2 of the beaded snowflakes from last year's list.

One of my goals for the new year is to get all of my patterns organized in 3-ring binders, one of which will include all of last year's and this year's snowflakes. (Wish me luck!) :P

I know what you mean about depression keeping you from doing anything, but take heart. Everyone here is super supportive and a great group of friends. We're here if you need us. :hug

Of course, I'm in again this year. I'm sure I did 52 snowflakes last year and I'm also sure that I didn't do all of the ones on the list for last year. (I know, I know. 40 lashes with a wet noodle. :devil) I'm planning on printing them out each week this year and putting them in a notebook and marking them off as they are completed. I saw out the Old Year and saw in the New Year by doing 4 each of 2 of the beaded snowflakes from last year's list.

One of my goals for the new year is to get all of my patterns organized in 3-ring binders, one of which will include all of last year's and this year's snowflakes. (Wish me luck!) :P

Good luck :P

I am glad you are on board again this year :hug.

I made a lovely display folder from last year's patterns with a messed up snowflake as decoration on the front :flake...

Cheers,

Hi Wanda and company,

The garland pattern is also available here:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/WR1691+Crochet+Snowflake+Garland.htm

If you register at Red Heart (it's free) you'll get there too. This link is from CPC.

I'm looking forward to another year too! You'd think after a whole year I'd be less excited :lol. I used a three ring binder last year with sheet protector pockets. I kept the printed out patterns in the protectors and even kept the snowflakes with the pattern. It worked great both before and after starching. I have my new binder ready for 2009.

Great job Linda! Those are some of my favorite patterns from last year. I used some 4mm crystals and they really sparkled on the tree.

I've been looking at blog sites for new patterns for this year. There are still lots of new ones out there. I'll put together a list in case we need one. Does anyone happen to have an original to share to start?

Come on Monday!!!!!!! Wow, I never thought I's say that!

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust:mdust

I've been looking at blog sites for new patterns for this year. There are still lots of new ones out there. I'll put together a list in case we need one. Does anyone happen to have an original to share to start?

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire (can't get much warmer!) regards,

Its bitterly cold here, but I'm looking forward to Monday too.

I have a very simple snowflake pattern here:http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/search/label/snowflake

(also found here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1529222&postcount=1 )

Since I made it up, it is suitable for a beginner. I am totally new at thread and this was what I came up with while practising.

Its bitterly cold here, but I'm looking forward to Monday too.

I have a very simple snowflake pattern here:http://gardeners-ramblings.blogspot.com/search/label/snowflake

(also found here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1529222&postcount=1 )

Since I made it up, it is suitable for a beginner. I am totally new at thread and this was what I came up with while practising.

There you go Wanda! A lovely flake to consider. It gets my nomination for first week. And if you already have one picked please change that to: it gets my nomination for the next week!

Gardener, you did a great job. It sure doesn't look like a first pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Wanda and company,

The garland pattern is also available here:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/WR1691+Crochet+Snowflake+Garland.htm

If you register at Red Heart (it's free) you'll get there too. This link is from CPC.

I'm looking forward to another year too! You'd think after a whole year I'd be less excited :lol. I used a three ring binder last year with sheet protector pockets. I kept the printed out patterns in the protectors and even kept the snowflakes with the pattern. It worked great both before and after starching. I have my new binder ready for 2009.

Great job Linda! Those are some of my favorite patterns from last year. I used some 4mm crystals and they really sparkled on the tree.

I might be able to have one of my two originals we didn't do last year ready by Monday if I really concentrate and can locate the original patterns. Let me go look around a bit and see if I can find them.

Thanks for the link to the snowflake garland, too.

I used 5 different colored beads trying to decide which I liked best. I liked them all. :lol :lol I even turned the 6 bead flake into an 18 bead flake on the last one. :lol :lol I definitely like those patterns.

Okay, I'm in on this - I don't know if I will make all of the patterns as some of them are just not my taste but I will make 52 at any rate. They will be Christmas presents for next year!. :yes

Re: The Snowflake Garland - I did sign into the site and the thumbnail picture came up in the search, but the link for downloading never did. I did manage to get to it via some back-door finagling :devil, but thanks, Cosmo, for the Coats and Clark link - I knew I had seen that somewhere before without the Red Heart rigamarole :D. I suspect the Red Heart site may have issues with my browser - not all sites fully support Macs/Safari...:sigh

Re: Patterns

I know what you mean about Monday... lucky for you all, I am starting the list off and my Monday comes earlier than all of yours! :devil

Linda, don't kill yourself to get the pattern done by this Monday... next Monday will do just fine :rofl:devil...

Not to jump the gun, but I agree that Gardener's flake is quite lovely (hint, hint) Only about 18 hours to go (it is Sunday afternoon here and we are up from 6 am...)

This is shaping up to be a great start! Just hang in with us even if you don't keep up with the flakes... we love chatting and you all seem like right good company!!

Cheers for now!

:mdust:mdust:mdustWanda:mdust:mdust:mdust

Re: The Snowflake Garland - I did sign into the site and the thumbnail picture came up in the search, but the link for downloading never did. I did manage to get to it via some back-door finagling :devil, but thanks, Cosmo, for the Coats and Clark link - I knew I had seen that somewhere before without the Red Heart rigamarole :D. I suspect the Red Heart site may have issues with my browser - not all sites fully support Macs/Safari...:sigh

Re: Patterns

I know what you mean about Monday... lucky for you all, I am starting the list off and my Monday comes earlier than all of yours! :devil

Linda, don't kill yourself to get the pattern done by this Monday... next Monday will do just fine :rofl:devil...

Not to jump the gun, but I agree that Gardener's flake is quite lovely (hint, hint) Only about 18 hours to go (it is Sunday afternoon here and we are up from 6 am...)

This is shaping up to be a great start! Just hang in with us even if you don't keep up with the flakes... we love chatting and you all seem like right good company!!

Cheers for now!

:mdust:mdust:mdustWanda:mdust:mdust:mdust

NEXT Monday will do just fine?!? :rofl:rofl:rofl Okay. Whatever. Nothing like taking away my motivation to get it done right away. :D :D

I didn't make it through the Coats and Clark rigamarole either, so don't feel bad.

NEXT Monday will do just fine?!? :rofl:rofl:rofl Okay. Whatever. Nothing like taking away my motivation to get it done right away. :D :D

I didn't make it through the Coats and Clark rigamarole either, so don't feel bad.

:devil No pressure :P we are a strictly laid back CAL here! :tryme:D

;),

one question: there is written round 3 and then round 5, this is a mistake, isn´t it?

First of all I am beyond flattered that my snowflake was chosen.

It is only 4 rounds.

I am a fumble fingered typist, and I didn't catch that when proof reading. Thanks for noticing. I've fixed it.

Dear Wanda,

Thanks for posting on "your" Monday! :lol

I don't know if I could have made it to mine!

I agree it's lovely!

Now where's my hook..........

Archived