Shnidbits of yarn in yarn graveyard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did that afghan with dc and you just change whenever you finish a color. I did end on the edge of the afghan by accident. I still really haven't finished it. Too hot right now. It's almost done if I want it to. The center has one that I used an 8 oz skien with because I found one that rolled behind the chair and couldn't remember what I bought it for:blush . But that's fine. It's very colorful and intersting afghan.

I've started my crochet quilt with the scrap yarns too! I've done other things with them too. Mostly afghans. A lot are color in the center with white or black on the edging.

One really nice one was done in single crochet. Each row different color. Done on the same side. You start with an long end for the frindge, single crochet and have a long end for the frindge. Then on the 3rd or 4th row you insert a long dc (3 rows below) every 5th st. I changed the pattern and each row I just kept going one stitch over, so on the next row it was the 6th st I started at and then every 5th st. Next row, 7th st start at and then every 5th st. And so on. So it had a slant to it Oh, all the sc's were done in the back stitch/loop. Turned out really nice.

Debbi

Archived