Trash Can Container

rshseaeagle

I found this trash can on free patterns.com here.

th_PC290006.jpgth_PC290007.jpg

This one is on my hubby's nightstand. He uses it to store candy in.

I made one for my late FIL several months back and made that one in verigated green. It came out really nice to. I had alot of fun with this one. The only modification I made was not putting the handles on the can itself.

Thanks for Looking,

TLOL,

Toni

Thanks Carol,

That is the pattern I used. I thought I posted the link to it but I must have missed it. As you can see I meant to.

Glad everyone likes it. I lined the cans with felt and they came out really cute. Everyone who has seen them just loves them. They work up pretty quick and the pattern wasn't very hard.

Thanks for all the kind words.

TLOL,

Toni

With Christmas just passing, these would've made a nice container to put cookies or homemade goodies in. hmmm thoughts for next year!! Yours turned out really nice! I saved the pattern link, so i'll have to give this a try!

Thank you everyone for looking and your kind words.

I remembered one thing I would like to let you know. The pattern call for the can to be covered and lined with felt. I did both the inside and outside.

I made several of these and the second one I made, I found self stick felt at Michaels and used that. It made it alot easier to cover the can and line it. When putting the felt inside, It was a bit messy hot gluing but the self stick did great. Both cans are used heavily and the felt is holding up really well.

The felt also helps to keep the cover in place.

Hope everyone has a Healthy, Happy and Crochet Filled New Year,

TLOL,

Toni:hug:manyheart

For us cube dwellers these are nice for our eco-friendly workplace. Facilities came around last week and made all of our large trash cans recycle bins and now we have a large centrally placed bin around the workfloor for our personal garbage. One of these would be nice to carry the stuff to the trash bin! Thanks for posting the link!

I just stumbled across the pattern one day in one of my surfing modes. I made two of these, One in blue and the one I posted. The one I posted was made from Peaches and Cream in Gumdrop. Verigated. I chose the gumdrop because I was making it for my hubby's nightstand to keep his hard candy in.

I'm so glad everyone likes it. I really thought it was cute and agree there are tons of uses for it. I am sure that I will be making more for presents.

Thanks All,

TLOL,

Toni:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Archived