Gingerbread Man Doily from Crochet World

luckybmr

Sorry about my picture taking - not good at that at all. The doily is really pretty in person. This doily takes a lot more time then it looks. I just finished it today for a Christmas Gift I have to give tonight - I didn't wait too long, did I? :devil

Pattern is from the December 2008 issue of Crochet World. Made with Aunt Lydia's #10 in white and fudge brown. That fudge brown was hard to find in the stores. Mine came out about 19" around. I wasn't going to make 18 little bows out of ribbon - fingers can't take that. I think the #5 perle cotton worked fine. I did sew the three white seed beads on each gingerbread man for the buttons. They really needed that as they were too plain without. It definitely needs the red ribbon weaved thru - but maybe the plaid one the magazine shows would be better, but regardless, it needs something there. I might get some of the checked next time I am out and then give to my friend and she can change it out if she wants.

Friend does kitchen in gingerbread men/women for Christmas, so this will be perfect for her. Giving with a candle and holder for the center.

This was by far the most challenging doily I have done. The white part was easy. The gingerbread men were fairly easy, just very time consuming and they just loved to curl up as you were working on them. When you have the white part and the gingerbread men ready to connect together, it really looks like it will not work and fit together right - that was my biggest worry - all that work and it wouldn't go together. But, it does and it came out just fine.

Thanks for looking!

th_PC300003.jpg

th_PC300005.jpg

I love love love this doily .. you did a fantastic job... they are gonna love it!!

(I bought this magazine and am hopeful that when my hands are cooperative that I will also be able to make this doily)

Bri - Fantastic job!!

Archived