Chemo Hats for Breast Cancer Patients

KER828

My dear friend Jan is an oncology navigator nurse for St. Francis Hospital Breast Cancer unit here in Indy. She is in need of Chemo Hats for her ladies. The actual need is for 30 or so a month which supplies all 3 hospital locations with a few extra. I'm going to work on this but thought, knowing the wonderful resource you all are that I would see if any of you could help with this ongoing need. The hats can be knitted or crocheted, but should be soft and not too many large holes. If you can help with one or two hats send me a PM and I'll get you my address. Thanks in advance folks!! :hug:crocheting

• 2 weeks later...
My dear friend Jan is an oncology navigator nurse for St. Francis Hospital Breast Cancer unit here in Indy. She is in need of Chemo Hats for her ladies. The actual need is for 30 or so a month which supplies all 3 hospital locations with a few extra. I'm going to work on this but thought, knowing the wonderful resource you all are that I would see if any of you could help with this ongoing need. The hats can be knitted or crocheted, but should be soft and not too many large holes. If you can help with one or two hats send me a PM and I'll get you my address. Thanks in advance folks!! :hug:crocheting

I can help if you tell me more or less a pattern please so I can start :crocheting, thank you

Here are some of the places I've found patterns:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/adult-cancercaps.html

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cfancyf-chemoCap.html

http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/patterns.htm

Any pattern is good as long as it fits loosely, is made of soft yarn and not too many holes.

Thank you so very much ladies - you are awesome!!

I would love to make a couple as well. How soon would you like them? Please send me your addy - thanks!

Just to let you know the double crochet pattern on head huggers has kind of big holes in it seeing that you make it with a j or k hook. I made two of them and they are cute, but if you don't have hair this might not be the hat you want. This is great idea, try Crochet pattern central too, they have many hats that would work for this, head huggers had alot of cute patterns too. I want to make some but I think I will make them for the cancer center here. My mom had Breast cancer and was given hats to wear from the hospital when she lost her hair. She died of an embolism due to the cancer making her inactive, went to her lungs.

• 1 month later...

hi i would love to participate. i have a pattern and am very ready. thanks. i guess just p m the address to send them to? look forward to it!

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all who have been helping me with this project including a lovely lady who sent 12 hats with no way for me to thank her except this!!! (return address damaged in shipping!!) My friend says every hat is gratefully used and loved. This is an ongoing thing so if you have some scrap yarn and can make a hat we will love it!! You folks here on the 'ville are really awesome!!!:clap:cheer:hug:yay

• 4 weeks later...
Are you still looking for caps? I'd like to help.

:turtle:vheart

Yes & Thanks!! We are always looking for hats!! Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Archived