Yarnluver's striped hat and Bernat Hat

rshseaeagle

Hello All,

Finally got some pictures taken and wanted to show off some items I made for christmas. Sorry about the backround, It was the best I could do at the time.

Yarnluver's striped hat pattern. I used Bernat Cammo and did not add the stripe, I liked it ok without it:

I also made a simple scarf to go with it. I just alternated single and double crochets for the scarf. I was really happy with how it came out. I used two skeins of yarn total for both the hat and scarf.

th_DSC_0229.jpg

th_DSC_0230.jpg

Thanks Yarnluver for such a wonderful pattern!:hug

I also made a hat for husband and son from the Bernat Website. It called for Softee Chunky but I used Patons Shetland Tweed.

th_DSC_0227.jpg

and thanks to all for looking,

TLOL,

Toni

First, Thank you all for looking and your kind words!!!

London Laura,

The scarf is just one of my favorite pattern stitches. I can't really call it my own as the pattern stitches I used have come from a number of patterns I have made from other designers. What I did to make the scarf is as follows:

Chain as many stitches as you want the scarf to be wide.

Row 1 - sc in the second ch from hook, dc in next st, (sc in next st, dc in next st) across, ch1 turn.

Row 2 - dc in the sc sts of row 1 and sc in the dc sts of row 1 across, ch1 turn.

repeat row two until the scarf is as long as you want it and then on the final row you sc across to create a finished edge.

Like I said, I can't claim this as my own as I have used this stitch from many other patterns. I have made a ton of stuff using this ranging from shawls to dishtowels and dishcloths.

It is a tight weaved stitch and when made into scarves, shawls, etc, is very warm.

I hope you make one and tons of fun with it.

TLOL,

Toni :hug:manyheart

Archived