My SIL, My Hero

My dear Sister in Law works in a school for the learning challenged in Chicago. She has a teaching partner, and they work with fifth graders.

For the last five years or so, starting in November or December, they have been teaching these children how to crochet. It's a very good thing for children for building attention span, perserverance, fine motor skills and many other things.

This year, their class was all boys. They wondered if it was a good thing to try with the kids. And it turned out just wonderful that they did. One boy really excelled in learning this skill and is starting to work on other projects.

I call Sherri my Crochet hero because she is working with some very special children and giving them a new skill.

What do you think of this story?

:manyheart

I love seeing these kinds of stories! I'm a firm believer that knitting and crochet are just GOOD for kids of all ages. It makes perfect sense that these crafts can do wonders for learning challenged folks. Your sil is as much a hero as any caped crusader! She's enabling future heroes:clap

Wonderful. The kids are learning something they can use all their life to have fun and make useful items or gifts for others. So not only are they learning all the skills you mentioned, but they have something to be PROUD of.

Archived