400 members have voted

1. 1. Crocheting is for...

• pretty things
    • practical things
    • Everything!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic idea, think I shall do the same using jute!

Oh way awesome! I made my own skillet handle covers with crochet and honestly they are used each and every single day and I just love them and have made several for friends and family...same concept...and I'm filing your idea away for future use...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm gonna have to read through all the posts on this thread! So many funny replies. I voted everything. Thought I would mention that the ONLY thing I have EVER crocheted for myself was a coaster for my oversized trucker coffee mug at work. One. Coaster. That's it! It seems pretty practical to me lol. Also I've done table covers for my mother for some of her smaller tables.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I learned as a child since my parents and grandparents did not believe in

buying anything which could be made at home. We made just about everything. The exception was shoes. If it could be sewed,quilted,knit,

crocheted,woven,or braided. It was made at home. I believe in making both the everyday and the special.

I am forever losing my crochet hook--the one I'm using!! Last night I lost 3 K hooks, in just over an hour! Since I couldn't find any more K hooks in my collection of hooks, I decided I'd "had it"! So, like locking the barn door after the horses get out, I crocheted myself a hook holder (with a smaller hook...because I couldn't find my K hook!). I left a long tail about 15" long, made enough chains to almost cover the length of a hook, and worked scs on those chains for about 4 or 5 rows, then joined the first row to the last row, fastened off, then left another tail about 15" long, to tie together with the first tail. Now I hang my hook holder around my neck while crocheting, and when I need to put my hook down to cut yarn, or maybe pet my cat, I slip the hook into my holder--and now I know where my hook is! (Now...where did I put that hook holder last night....:think)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived