I was wondering if anyone would help me*I Have enough, tY!!!* See pdate on first post

JoBug

I work in an alzheimers unit as most of you who know me know that, and I do yearly ghans for the auction, and have had great turn outs from you all, and helped raise lots of dollars for the great cause.

Tonight what I want to ask you all is this:

Would anyone be willing to make bag holders for grocery sacks? I have seven Alzheimers residents and all wear incontinent products, IE: Depends. Well when they need changed, we have to immediatly take it to the trashcan, and throw it outside in the bin, well I got to thinking, I could RECYLE and save residents monies by using the grocery plastic bags instead of using a garbage bag each time, sometimes we are talking four a shift. SO my question is, would anyone be interested in making crocheted bag holders for me to put in each bathroom? We have eight bathrooms, so I was thinkng if I could get 16, so I had back up in case of "dirty" and needs washing,and I HONESTLY know I can't get this done on my own. So it's LIKE charity, but not neccisarily A charity other than saving mother earth AND saving my residents families monies. Recycle reuse reduce...right? Heck I will even take bags to fill them with if you have any!!!!!!! Send them my way.

Please PM me if interested..... CPC has a few patterns for these....

Thank you for taking the time and reading this.

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

And yes gals, I HAVE to work 30 hours a week in order to keep my insurance no matter how bad my lupus makes me, it doesn't matter, HAVE to have the insurance, I work FOR the insurance alone, I bring home about $50 a week AFTER insurance, and that money goes to med copays...fun fun fun...lol.. but I keep ticking, I might put Timex outta business..lol:hug

I want to thank each and EVERY ONE of you for your help and support for this project. I have enough!!!! Thank you thank you!! I am going to drop them off at work today, as I have to go get blood drawn again before my surgery friday. I go into the hospital thursday tommorow, for the liver biopsy it is a same day surgery, but due to my health they want me in the night before, I will get out friday though. You gals are truley amazing, thank you so very very much!! I cant wait to drop them off at work and have them distributed!!! Many hugs and MUCH Love :hug:hug

JoAnn

Hello up there. WHat a great idea. When you say sacks are you talking about those plstic grocery bags as we get charged for them down here.

Have they ever thought of using washable incontinence pads? These are quite green for bladder incontinence and dont need to be disposed. I too have worked with people in this condition and it is pretty hard yakka.

Thank you so much ladies! Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I was locked out of my own putor...lol....don't even ask me.........hahahaha

Hugs an MUCH love to my helpers!!!

JoAnn

Hello up there. WHat a great idea. When you say sacks are you talking about those plstic grocery bags as we get charged for them down here.

Have they ever thought of using washable incontinence pads? These are quite green for bladder incontinence and dont need to be disposed. I too have worked with people in this condition and it is pretty hard yakka.

Hi Cupcake my old friend!!!!! Long time!! Well I TRIED to get them to use washable ones, and they told me NO, it would cost the facility too much money to wash and dry them all the time....yea, don't cost the business anything ya know, charge the residents families!! I don't like that about bussinesses at all. They CHARGE you for them bags there??? WOW!! I can't imagine, I guess you would never forget to take your green bags then.

Hugs and Love friend!

JoAnn

JoAnn, I have two ready to go to the PO. I hope they'll work for you. (they're not going out today though, sorry)

Thank you soooooooooooo veryyyyyyyyy much!!! Its okay they arent going out today, heck with the holiday mail and all anyways.... You have a Happy New Years!!

Oh my gosh!! I am soo very embaressed I don't know WHO sent it, I recieved in the mail yesterday a beautiful bag holder in a wonderful blue color, it is postmarked from DE, it is WONDERFUL!! Thank you so much and please let me know who you are so I can send you a personal PM to thank you!!

You gals ARE the best!!!! :hug

Dont forget, you can mail me any plastic sacks you have too...:P...as I gotta fill them..lol...I have a few around here, and have to go to the store today...:manyheart

:blush That was probably me. I was in such a hurry at the post office I probably forgot to put my name on the envelope. I usually include a note, but I forgot to put it in the envelope. I found it on the counter when I got home. Can you tell the holidays still have me frazzled? :hook

JoAnn, I got your keepers into the mail yesterday...no bags with them though...I had just recycled most of my oversized collection :eek. (the ones I didn't keep for trash bags) Hope they'll work for you.

:blush That was probably me. I was in such a hurry at the post office I probably forgot to put my name on the envelope. I usually include a note, but I forgot to put it in the envelope. I found it on the counter when I got home. Can you tell the holidays still have me frazzled? :hook

Well THANK YOU!!!! You did a great job!!!!!!

JoAnn, I got your keepers into the mail yesterday...no bags with them though...I had just recycled most of my oversized collection :eek. (the ones I didn't keep for trash bags) Hope they'll work for you.

Thank you soooooooooooo much!! oh they will work, trust me!!

Thank you! I NEEDED to see that box today...you will never know Gods timming!

Your two are so pretty!! Tommorow I will take pictures of the three I have now...they are going to be so helpful!! :manyheart

Oh I'm glad you got them JoAnn. And I'm very glad they will be helpful to you. God's timing is infinitely perfect, isn't it? I'm thankful He used my little package to help bless your day. That actually blesses me too

Thank you elf for the two I recieved in the mail today, no not or addy?????? I dont knwo who to thank, I am sorry, I ccant see a post mark either. BUT they are WONDERFUL!! Gals, these are going over like HOTCAKES at work, the families are SO appreciative and the management gave me a GOLD STAR AWARD for recycling and reusing!!! ALL THANK TO YOU HELPERS!!!!

TY TY TY I love you all so much!!!

Thank you elf for the two I recieved in the mail today, no not or addy?????? I dont knwo who to thank, I am sorry, I ccant see a post mark either. BUT they are WONDERFUL!! Gals, these are going over like HOTCAKES at work, the families are SO appreciative and the management gave me a GOLD STAR AWARD for recycling and reusing!!! ALL THANK TO YOU HELPERS!!!!

TY TY TY I love you all so much!!!

What colors where they? LOL I sent 2 but thought I put a card in the package....Are you going to need more than the 16 you asked for?

Archived