Christmas Hats

Addey

I made three hats this year for kids on my Christmas list. All three were made with stash yarn! I even got the two ear-flap hats from the same skein of "I Love This Yarn" I picked up back in March with enough left over to make one for my own little guy... once I get around to it...

3138548470_3f9ca84b74.jpg?v=0

This hat was made from some fleece "yarn" called PJ's. It's really a looong strip of fleece like you'd see blankets made of. It was so soft and warm and easy to work with. (There is absolutely no way to "split" this yarn!) The little girl I made this for put it on and refused to take it off. I guess she liked it!

3138548560_d92c5b194d.jpg?v=0

These are the two ear-flap hats. The bigger one was made for an 8-year-old boy. I used an I hook I believe. The smaller one is for a 2-year-old boy and I used a G hook I think. I'll probably use a G hook and just do a few less increases for one for my son. The larger one actually will fit me, but I've got a tiny head. The older boy loved his hat. I don't know what the younger boy thinks, as he wasn't at the "family" gift exchange Christmas Eve because his dad was working.

Enjoy!

Archived