Christmas Scarves

Addey

I spent a lot of time crocheting little gifts of hats or scarves this Christmas. All but one of them came from stash yarn. Here are the scarves. Look for the hats in another post. (Trying to limit pictures...)

3137721757_ee1e7c9080_m.jpg

This is a "Baby It's Cowled Outside" from Crochet Me. This is the only one that I bought yarn specifically for. It's a nice Peruvian hand dyed DK cotton. I didn't give it to the original intended recipient, but I hope she liked it....

3138548632_4d406f77b3_o.jpg

This scarf is a Caron Journey Scarf. It's made out of a lightweight silk/wool blend for my brother's girlfriend. She LOVED it.

3138548728_54aab1e167.jpg?v=0

This is the final scarf I made. It's made from some stash yarn that I'm not sure what it was since the band was missing. It's an acrylic I got at either Michael's or JoAnn's a couple of years ago, I remember that much. The 12-year-old girl this was made for loved it. Not too "childish" and just adult enough.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun making them. Well, maybe not the cowl so much. The yarn was nice to work with, but I wasn't very happy with how the colors were working. Too late now, it was sent to OK and gifted away.

I focused on small things because they really didn't take a whole lot of time to make and I don't have much time these days. (I get about an hour of "me" time between when Boo goes to bed and I go to bed in the evenings.... and I don't dare take things to work or I'll never get any real work done...)

Those are really pretty :hook I like the laciness of the stitch patterns. I think the colors in the cowl worked out very nicely (and I often don't think variegated yarn works out well, for me anyway). Nice gifts!

Archived