Alpine Frost scarf

DesertCrocheter

Well, I just had to make the Alpine Frost scarf from the Winter 2008 Interweave Crochet for my friend L (okay, yea, it's a late Christmas gift). I used Patons Silk Bamboo, so it's lusciously soft. The pattern is very easy, and it took me about 4 hours to use 3 skeins to make this baby (it's probably 4.5 ft long; L is short, so I made the scarf much more narrow and shorter for her). Loved it! Thanks for looking, Patty

[/url]th_IMG_0981.jpg

[clickable]

The scarf is lovely. How small were the skeins that it took 3 to do a scarf?

Donna

Each skein is 102 yards, according to the wrapper (65 grams/1.8 ozs), and called for a 4 mm hook. The skein wrapper labels the yarn 3, or light, so it's not very thick, and shells do seem to take a bit of yarn to make. Each skein was $6, but I had coupons for each one, 40% off, so it cost much less than that to make. After spending $7500 on house repairs the last 4 weeks, that was a help! Patty

• 4 weeks later...

Cindy, I think that issue of Interweave Crochet is still on the stands, so the only legal way to get another copy would be to go buy another copy of the magazine itself.

Oh, and magiccrochetfan, I did block the scarf. That really opened up the stitch and changed it from looking like shells to looking like star bursts. I had to block half at a time because my counter is small, but that worked fine.

Patty

Archived