New Year's Eve CAL?

darski

Darski....Be sure to grab the discounted yarn when they're ready to close! Our Walmart remodeled and destroyed the craft section. There is a small token selection of yarn, but nobody I've talked to is happy with it. I've been driving two hours to Hobby Lobby to get most of my yarn lately (it helps that I can visit friends while I'm there). Oh, hey, not sure how you feel about ordering online, but you could try http://www.angelicrafts.com/home.php?cat=285. They have RH mill ends for about $3.50 (US) a pound. The available colors change from time to time, so you might have to wait for particular colors. Whoops! Never mind...looks like they don't ship to Canada. Bummer! There is a email list you can sign up for, though, to be notified when Canadian shipping is available.

I'm working on my January scarf right now, instead of the flannelghan. I'm doing it in black and white in honor of the local basketball team. There's a game on Friday night that I'm going to, so I decided to finish up the scarf so I could wear it then.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you all don't mind a latecomer! I have been reading along and decided to join in.

While we had a revolving door here over the last week, 2 out of 3 of my sons are now back to their lives, while one is still visiting until the weekend. He, is of course, going out. So the one they call "old man" will be sleeping on the couch in no time flat, while I am left to my hooking! Since I live in the house of testosterone, any female companionship is greatly appreciated!

Yes, Angelicrafts has some great deals. Their RH supply is getting a bit low now, I'm waiting for them to add more. Hopefully at the first of the month. And then I'll be ordering some. (That's not going to help me in the stashbusting game though. :lol)

Yes, Angelicrafts has some great deals. Their RH supply is getting a bit low now, I'm waiting for them to add more. Hopefully at the first of the month. And then I'll be ordering some. (That's not going to help me in the stashbusting game though. :lol)

Oh, me neither! :lol I've sworn off yarn stores for a while. I have got to do some stashbusting, or the yarn is going to take over my entire apartment.:eek

Sorry I'm late. I took a break from the Snowflake afghan (52 flakes still need the outer blue rounds) and some other little projects to log on and see what's going on.

:yay Happy New Year to those who have already seen the new year in!

:yay Happy New Year to eveyone else if I don't make it til midnight

:yay Happy New Year to eveyone else if I don't make it til midnight

I am not convinced that I am going to make it all the way either... which is rather funny when you think about it.

but Happy New Year to you too

Hi everyone. I just saw this post and I thought it was a great idea. I dont know if I can stay on until midnight since one I have been up all night already and two it is very cold in my computer room but I wish youall a very happy new year. I am currently working on a hat and scarf for a friend in Chicago and knitting a baby blanket for my neice who is due in April. I also have several other projects on hook or needles as usual. I will pop in here and there tonight but it is way too cold in this room to sit her for too long. Happy new year everybody!

Well unfortunately I"m not going to make it. This cold has been kicking my butt and I"m sitting here nodding off now. So I will say

Happy New Year to Everyone

and

Goodnight

Well unfortunately I"m not going to make it. This cold has been kicking my butt and I"m sitting here nodding off now. So I will say

Happy New Year to Everyone

and

Goodnight

Good night Pat and Happy New year! :yay

Evening everyone! I've just sit down, covered up with my Green Bay Packers blankie, turned on a movie (Eagle Eye), and I'm ready to crochet! :hook I have the rest of the weekend off, and I'm going to work on an afghan all weekend!

Happy new years eve people. I am sewing snaps on various neck warmers I and my husband have made for christmas presents. Then to finish the baby sweater for my grand daughter, when that's done, which will be quick, I will start a hat, I think. We are watching eon flux together while I chat. We watched two episodes of House season 4 first two earlier. This is partying our family style,lol. Oh and junk food and pop completes the bill. Party ends here for me at ten thirty, then to work I go. Eagle Eye was very good, hard to crochet and watch that.

oh and ZoeZoesMom--had a bad one here logging in here too, couldn't for about an hour actually and usually just refreshing works

How much ice and snow did you get?

Glad it wasn't only me having problems.:lol We got about 5-6 inches of snow and the wind was AWFUL! It was a white knuckled ride to work this morning. I am sure it is getting icy now with the wind chills.

Hi everyone. I just saw this post and I thought it was a great idea. I dont know if I can stay on until midnight since one I have been up all night already and two it is very cold in my computer room but I wish youall a very happy new year. I am currently working on a hat and scarf for a friend in Chicago and knitting a baby blanket for my neice who is due in April. I also have several other projects on hook or needles as usual. I will pop in here and there tonight but it is way too cold in this room to sit her for too long. Happy new year everybody!

Oh please Tammy - very cold in your computer room - what - is it 60 degrees!!!! :lol:lol:lol

Come to NY and I will show you cold

Time to switch projects....to much counting on this one to be sipping champagne. ;)

I too am having a hard time counting - well not so much of having a hard time, but I should of picked a more repetitive project for tonite

we only got about 2-3" but with this wind who knows where it is or how much! Of course we went up to Columbia Crossroads this afternoon to pick up my sonshine and it was a bit slippy up there when we were on the way home. No real ice here, or at least earlier there wasn't

Archived