New Year's Eve CAL?

darski

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too am having a hard time counting - well not so much of having a hard time, but I should of picked a more repetitive project for tonite

Cheers! I switched to a simple scarf.:lol

we only got about 2-3" but with this wind who knows where it is or how much! Of course we went up to Columbia Crossroads this afternoon to pick up my sonshine and it was a bit slippy up there when we were on the way home. No real ice here, or at least earlier there wasn't

I just looked out the door and the road look rather slick, glad we decided to stay in. Of course hubby is already snoring on the couch.

It's 22 degrees here in West Va. with a wind chill of 12. It's been super windy all day, but I think it's starting to calm down now.

I'm working on an afghan now so it can help me keep warm. :D

Hi from VA... it is extremely windy and cold - going to the 30's tonite. Wind did a ton of damage around here - gusts up to 50 mph. Boy do I miss the snow as I originally came from NY. Am not doing a project right now - sipping a glass of wine - arthritis in my rt wrist acting up due to the cold. Nice to be here.

Went to see the ball drop many years ago when I was younger.... froze !!!!! Then for many years I watched it on tv. Now it seems I can't stay awake to watch it anymore.

Weather.com says it is 18 degrees, and the wind chill is making it feel like -2, here on usually mild-wintered Long Island. Good weather for making BIG afghans. My current project is being made from squares so it isn't helping to keep me warm.

I am working on my own version of the "cookies" afghan that appeared a while ago in Crochet World magazine. I couldn't find a copy of the issue. So I remembered getting the pattern for the sandwich cookies at Crochet Pattern Central, and I figured out how to turn the circles into squares to make the afghan with. I am doing every other square as a cookie. All of the plain squares (24) are done and I have 7 cookie squares done, leaving me 18 to do. It will be 7 X 7, or 49 squares when complete. I am almost done with all the cookies that still need to be turned into those squares. So my first goal for tonight is to finish the 4 cookies that I have left to do. Then I have a few choices…start turning the cookies into squares, or start putting a single crochet brown border on all the other finished squares. I am making this for an "Oreo" collector and fanatic!

All this to do while trying to stay warm, and awake until midnight. It is only 9:55pm here on the east coast.

Also take him to see the Macy's Day Parade at Thanksgiving. It is something you have to experience at least once in your life. It is so different than watching it on TV.

Going to watch a bit of rocking eve tonight at work. I want to see the ball drop. If it's boring, I will check what else is on. It snowed last night here a fewinches or so made the roads slick last night. I went through a stop sign on the way home from the store. Tonight now snow so hopefully safe drive to work.

Besides the USUAL resolution to lose weight and be a better person, I am going to try to do more volunteer work. I do a ton now, but have a need to do more.

Besides the USUAL resolution to lose weight and be a better person, I am going to try to do more volunteer work. I do a ton now, but have a need to do more.

LOL! :lol Me too! I'm tired of being overweight, and volunteering helps me appreciate what I've got! :yes

Archived