New Year's Eve CAL?

darski

Yes, the boys are getting antsy and want to light the fireworks now.

By the way, I love your Dora patterns. I found a new dora doll for 20 bucks today. I am going to try and make some of your outfits.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the boys are getting antsy and want to light the fireworks now.

By the way, I love your Dora patterns. I found a new dora doll for 20 bucks today. I am going to try and make some of your outfits.

that's a good price. I have been looking for the toddler style but have not seen her yet.

It's 55 minutes to the new year and I'm working up some new yarn for gauge. I'm hoping that my typically tight stitching means I can use a bigger hook since I'm missing the one the pattern calls for.

Happy belated new years to all now that it is actually the new year. Just got home from work. Didn't get the sweater done but I worked on it. Didn't get the hat started yet either. Seeing as third shift is a sleep shift, I conked out shortly after midnight. So Not much work on my crocheting got done. Everyone chose to go to bed last night before midnight at work, the clients, except for one girl who was in bed but watching the ball drop preshow. She didn't quite make it to new year. My family calls at midnight so I talked to my sister as she knows how to get a hold of me when I am not home, but missed my brother. They talked to my family. So what are your new year traditions? You know, like for new years day? I don't have any, but I hear some do. Used to have a dinner, I think I will make something for the family. I don't have any resolutions yet, I will have to think about it. Maybe to get more organized.

Minwifeof4, I hope you have a clean bill of health this year and years to come, I hope this year is better for you. I just read back to page twelve and seen all the traditions you guys were talking about. Around here, we used to shout out the door happy new year and stuff and I think we banged a pan one year. ALot of people shoot their guns in the air around here at midnight, which I think is dangerous. My sisterinlaw had a bullet laying on her pillow when she went to bed one New Years Eve. I have black eyed peas in a can I think but the only ones who will eat them are me and my son,lol. New years resolution to make at least one thing for the newborns in need group a month. Got the yarn, just have to get back to doing it. In fact, someone gave me some baby yarn at church, my husband can't remember who gave it to him! I have a baby outfit that was bought that I want to take to the hospital for this month, it was bought awhile ago and everyone kept having girl babies around here! It's a little boy outfit. Wanted to have it there for the new baby of the year but didn't get it there before the new year, so we will see.

I started to post last night....wanted so badly to have a quiet night at home. Had to take hubby to the ER last night. He was having terrible stomach pains.

Comes out he has a bladder infection, so some meds and some water, and he will be fine. But we were scared for a little while. doctor thought kidney stones. Thank god it wasn't.

Sorry I disappeared on you last night, and Happy New year everyone!!!!:yay:yay:yay:yay

Meganb- sorry to hear about your hubby's condition - boy is a bladder infection painful !! (know from experience) Glad to hear that is all it was- easily treatable !!!! Happy New Year!!!!

oh, he has been milking it for all it's worth. Until I remind him that I had at LEAST 2 UTI's with each pregnancy. lol

Then he acts tuff for an hour, but back to the couch he goes. :lol

They prescribed him 30 percocet (spelling?) for the pain. No one ever gave me pain meds for a UTI:think....man to be a man.;)

Thanks for the well wishes, he will be fine I am sure. off to vaccumm and work on my stashbusting and christmas CALs :hook

It really was fun last night to have this thread running.

I want to send a

great big thank you

to Amy S

for rescuing the thread when I mis-posted it

couldn't have done it without you.

:hug:ghug:hug

Happy New Year Everyone! Sorry I was a party pooper and had to go to bed so early, lol! Looks like you all had a great time! I did manage to get my Jan scarf done last night though! :cheer. If we do this again I promise to try to stay awake longer :lol

Happy New Year everybody!! I just read all your posts, and sounds like you had a great time. Sorry I missed it...we went to a dance, had 3am breakfast with friends, and we got home at 4am. Just got outta bed at 11:30 this morning!!

Darski, this was a great idea...it should be a New Year's Tradition!!

oh, he has been milking it for all it's worth. Until I remind him that I had at LEAST 2 UTI's with each pregnancy. lol

Then he acts tuff for an hour, but back to the couch he goes. :lol

They prescribed him 30 percocet (spelling?) for the pain. No one ever gave me pain meds for a UTI:think....man to be a man.;)

Thanks for the well wishes, he will be fine I am sure. off to vaccumm and work on my stashbusting and christmas CALs :hook

We ended up going to friends at the lat minute so I missed hanging out here. I did take my crochet wiht me and get some slippers done...buyt missed the chatting. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

Meganb...so glad to hear that your dh is ok. sounds like that was pretty scary, but thankfully they figured it out and let him come home to recoup.

No secret...men would not live through childbirth...amazing how they kind of forget all the things we go through in a pregnancy! My dad used to say...minor surgery is on YOU, major surgery is on ME...that pretty much sums up my hubby's outlook!

We ended up going to friends at the lat minute so I missed hanging out here. I did take my crochet wiht me and get some slippers done...buyt missed the chatting. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

Meganb...so glad to hear that your dh is ok. sounds like that was pretty scary, but thankfully they figured it out and let him come home to recoup.

No secret...men would not live through childbirth...amazing how they kind of forget all the things we go through in a pregnancy! My dad used to say...minor surgery is on YOU, major surgery is on ME...that pretty much sums up my hubby's outlook!

:rofl

that is the funniest line going.

Archived