Jempast

How long do you crochet before taking a break?

I was just wondering how long can you crochet for at a time before taking a break. I can probably crochet for 90 minutes maybe 2 hours before having to take about an hour break. I was just wondering how long everyone else crochet at a time.

How long is your break until you pick up your project again?

i take mini breaks alot of times i have to get up to check on my son or to get him something so im up and down when i sit i crochet but with no mini breaks later at night i can go about an hour and a half maybe 2

yeah I am up and down alot when my son is here, but he likes to see me do it and see what it is I am making so he isn't too bothersome. But I will hook off and on all day and night when I am home. I am a fast crocheter so I go right through things, but then I rip up about half of what I make because I decide I have a better use for the fibers, don't like it or really have no use for it! I made about 12 dishclothes last week but only kept one!

I crochet for about 5 or 6 hours a day, but have to take many breaks. I am a care giver as well as my own medical issues, so there is no way of knowing how often I have to get up and down...

I spent an entire day crocheting awhile ago with small breaks in between for meals, using the powder room, etc. I'm not sure how long I sat still for, but in total it was about 10 hours! lol Usually I will crochet for a couple hours and then I take a break to work on something else or play online or something. My breaks vary in length, so I'm only spending 5 or fewer hours actually crocheting now. It's amazing I'm making any progress on the gifts I still have for my mom and grandmother! It's a good thing I won't see them until Sunday or I'd have gone completely mad by now with these 2 projects! Just edging to do and putting them in lovely gift bags then I can start on my next project! :)

I was just wondering how long can you crochet for at a time before taking a break. I can probably crochet for 90 minutes maybe 2 hours before having to take about an hour break. I was just wondering how long everyone else crochet at a time.

How long is your break until you pick up your project again?

Hours and Hours. One time I started around 4 pm and didn't stop till like 12 hours later except to use the bathroom and brew up some more tea as I am an avid tea drinker.

Edited by DawnofMarch

Actual sitting and crocheting time, about an hour and then I have to get up and move around for a few minutes, grab a cup of coffee. I could go all day and night this way as long as I take my little breaks but rarely do I have an entire day to crochet.

I've never really timed it because I'll work on the project and not keep track of the time though I do get up for mini breaks to go to the bathroom or get a drink

On a weeknight I'll crochet for about an hour then take a 30-60 min break and crochet for another hour. On the weekend I'll crochet for 2-3 hours in a sitting with maybe occassional breaks.

I can't go much longer than an hour or an hour and a half without taking a break to shake out my hands and stretch. Otherwise I start to cramp up. But I usually only need to rest a few minutes and I can get back to it. I think the longest I've ever crocheted total in a day was about 8 hours.

I guess I crochet for about an hour before I have to go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, or something. If there are several tv shows in a row that I like, I might keep crocheting for several hours with bathroom breaks during commercials. But if I am just crocheting, I'll start wondering what is being talked about here, so I get up to check the computer after about half an hour:lol

Wellllll I could sit and crochet for hours BUTTT I don't because I have back issues so if I don't make myself get up every 45 min I will pay dearly for it and then won't be able to crochet for a few days, which I do not like when that happens and of course no one in the house or near me likes that to happen either, hehehehehe

I wish I could crochet for long periods... but my back and my cervical hernia don't permit it !!! Actually I shouldn't crochet at all but I can't leave it down if I'm in front of the TV.... oh well !

I can crochet for about 60 minutes before I need a break. I think it's more to give my eyes a chance to adjust because I'm concentrating on work that's close to my face.

I'm glad that there are others that have to take frequent breaks. I thought I was unusual in that respect.

I do not have a set time. I know when I sit down how long I am going to crochet before I have something to do. If it is at night time, it may be before my eyes get the best of me! You know what I am talking about? Droopy!! I do also crochet when we are traveling and I do get a lot done. I set my goal as to what I need to get accomplished.

My longest crochet spurt would be about 7 hours of non stop crocheting and that's early in the morning when my parents/sisters/dogs are fast asleep and I won't get interrupted.

Julee

I'm usually only good for 1.5-2 hours at most before I need a break. I'm 44, so my hands and wrists are beginning to get arthritic. Plus my back gets stiff sitting in one place for too long.