CroJulee

Designing Dog Sweaters for Certain Sizes

Question

Hi all,

Ok, I just designed a dog sweater about 10 days ago and I'm getting ready to write the pattern but I have a question though... is there any where online that would give me some measurements for smaller dogs. I have larger and medium sized dogs for sizing but no little models.

And, are there any publications out right now that would publish a design like this or any books in the works that want a pattern like this (that question is probably a very long shot but worth a try)?

heidi3b.jpg

ANY help would be so appreciated. Thanks

Julee

5 answers to this question

For my Daisy I make things with a 6 inch neck, 8 inch for chest and she is about 9 long. But she would be extra small I think.

Well if it helps, my Miniature Schnauzers are in the 10-12lb range for the most part, with the largest at almost 14lbs. Generally 12" around neck and same neck to tail.

Well if it helps, my Miniature Schnauzers are in the 10-12lb range for the most part, with the largest at almost 14lbs. Generally 12" around neck and same neck to tail.

Thanks!! Every little bit of info helps!!

WOW I like that dog sweater very nice, I found this http://www.doggystyledesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Size_Charts_all and it looks like just a general size chart.

That is a very helpful link. Thanks so much!! I would have never found that.

For my Daisy I make things with a 6 inch neck, 8 inch for chest and she is about 9 long. But she would be extra small I think.

That's also very helpful. I might be able to make a sweater for that size knowing those measurements.

Thanks

Julee

p.s. I think I might look at some pics of some different dogs so I can get a better idea on there shaping and size.

I can't help you withsizes. I just wanted to let you know I love that sweater.