How were your gifts received?

I made my great niece and her Barbie doll matching hats, purses, scarves, and ponchos. I tucked in a Barbie, so she could see what it was for. She was thrilled, but my MIL was almost in tears. Her mom used to make Barbie clothes for her daughters, and it brought back a lot of memories. I also made my sister and her two beautiful granddaughters matching sun hats (They live in Florida.) She sent me back the most wonderful pictures. She said her sons wanted to know where their hats were.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knit two pairs of socks for my partner this year, and she just loved them.

I also crocheted a scarf for my sister's MIL. I wasn't sure if she'd like it or not, but come to find out, she crochets! :cheerShe was thrilled with the scarf. She brought me downstairs (they all live in a two-family building that the MIL owns) and showed me the afghans she's crocheted over the years--they were just beautiful.

So, all was well...

Mine were all received very well this year. I've become much more choosy about who I give handmade gifts to though!

I even had an unexpected girlfriend of a guest show up and was able to quickly wrap up an extra skinny scarf I made.

My brother and family were especially grateful because they live in Virginia where it actually gets cold a lot.:cheer

Lets just say that my sister in law's reaction to the scarf I made her made me happy and made it easier for me to not worry and stress over her dad and his girlfriend's reactions to theirs.

I made two afghans,

Joe: A University of Virginia logo Afghan was received very well he commented several times on how much he appreciated it how "great the craftmanship" was (and for WOW fans) he said I maxed out my crochet skill hahaha. He even thanked me again three days later saying again how impressed he was.

Mom: a granny ripple in pink,pink camo and sage green. She loved it. She loves anything I make for her.

:hug

Archived