Sweet Lorraine Scarf

Dextersmom

My son told me last week that his fiancee would like a scarf. Of course she had told him that a month ago, but he forgot to tell me! So I got busy and quickly made one up following the Sweet Lorraine pattern in the Fall 2008 Interweave Crochet. It looks much better after blocking (I was a little worried when I first finished it), but I am somewhat disappointed in the yarn. It's Naturally Caron Country in Ocean Spray. It felt very soft while I was making it, but it makes my neck itch a little. I do have sensitive skin so maybe it won't bother her.

Thank you for looking and Merry Christmas!!

th_100_2689.jpg

th_100_2685.jpg

Nice scarf, I have made about 10 scarves in the last month, sometimes they are itchy until washed, I also use a Bounce sheet to flluff dry them, they turn out super soft.

Hope this helps!

What a lovely job you did.

I also posted a pix of this Doris Chan scarf pattern in early Dec. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91262 This scarf is so versatile since one can make a skinny scarf, normal width scarf, a stole, or a throw, depending on the number of pattern repeats. The scalloped edge is worked in naturally as the scarf increases in size.

It is beautiful pattern and fun to do as well.

Edgehill

What a lovely job you did.

I also posted a pix of this Doris Chan scarf pattern in early Dec. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91262 This scarf is so versatile since one can make a skinny scarf, normal width scarf, a stole, or a throw, depending on the number of pattern repeats. The scalloped edge is worked in naturally as the scarf increases in size.

It is beautiful pattern and fun to do as well.

Edgehill

I didn't see yours, but clicked on your link - it's beautiful! I love the delicate rose color you used! It is a great pattern isn't it?! I can see myself making more of these.

Archived