Having Fun and Getting it Done 2009 - 1st Quarter!!

econ-nerd

Am I the only one who can't post a nice long reply in here?? Every time I go to post my list with an update it give me a page not found message... I have been trying several times for a few days now...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Finish Aimee’s Around the World Quilt-ghan FINISHED January 19th

2) Frog the crochet socks so I can use the yarn for something else FINISHED January 22nd

3) Make the yo-yo ghan (lots of yo-yos made…) FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

4) Do something with the larger yo-yos that I bought online - there should be enough here to make a blanket of some sort FINISHED February 4th (gave them away)

5) Make something with the extra saltines I have left over from other projects FINISHED February 8th

6) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan (using the Lion Brand 5 1/2 hour throw pattern but with two strands and a 10mm hook) FINISHED February 14th

7) Finish my pink Seraphina FINISHED February 16th

8) Frog the test sweater and use the yarn for something else FINISHED February 18th

9) Two-stranded V-stitch comfort-ghan in royal blue and sky blue FINISHED March 8th

10) Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (6 of 63 squares done)

11) Finish the green Terry Kimbrough baby blanket (the body is complete - the border needs to be done)

12) Finish pink boucle cardigan (back is partly done)

13) Do something with the little squares that I bought online - there are enough of these to make a baby blanket that I can donate somewhere

All done another project. Here are a couple pictures of my completed V-stitch:

th_HPIM2684.jpg

th_HPIM2686.jpg

I updated my signature, finished two projects!

:clap

Hooray for all the good work that everyone is doing! :cheer

I had to add to my list, my friend needs a little pick-me-up, so I'm going to make her a crocheted weiner dog. She always wanted a dachshund. :)

My original post didn't work apparently, so here it is again. My list is pretty small since I'm just listing things that are unfinished or behind projects.

First Quarter:

2 Color Striped Afghan DONE 11/11/09:cheer

3 Ravelry 2009 BOM squares

Second Quarter:

Kleenex Box cover

Tractor Stocking

4 squares for 63 Square Afghan

12 Hexagons for Hexagon Afghan

Third Quarter:

4 squares for 63 Square Afghan

Finish Ladybug Afghan (currently take-a-long project)

Fourth Quarter:

4 squares for 63 Square Afghan :devil

Stephanie,

You are so organized! You have the whole year planned already!!!!

I don't think I will get my first quarter list done but I will try to get the blue and white blanket done by the end of March.

Hi,

I was wondering if it is too late to join this group. I have a number of projects I need to get done this year and thought this might be a way to get motivated. I will watch for responses and in the meantime make a list of things I need to get done, some started needed to be finished, others need to be started. By the way, I'm MammaSue and I crochet as well as do other type of crafting. I'm also part of the stasthbusters group so this will help me get rid of my stash also.

Thanks

I updated my signature, finished two projects!

:clap

Hooray for all the good work that everyone is doing! :cheer

I had to add to my list, my friend needs a little pick-me-up, so I'm going to make her a crocheted weiner dog. She always wanted a dachshund. :)

way to go!!!:cheer:cheer

Hi,

I was wondering if it is too late to join this group. I have a number of projects I need to get done this year and thought this might be a way to get motivated. I will watch for responses and in the meantime make a list of things I need to get done, some started needed to be finished, others need to be started. By the way, I'm MammaSue and I crochet as well as do other type of crafting. I'm also part of the stasthbusters group so this will help me get rid of my stash also.

Thanks

Hi, MammaSue! Welcome! I am also in both groups, for the same reason...:yes:devil

Hi,

Thanks

Welcome!! You can join any time :yes I'll be starting a new thread for the second quarter for April but we are still working our way through projects here until the end of March.

I doubt I will get everything on my list done but it was a long list to start with and I added a few things along the way... I did get a lot done though :yay

ugh.........dang phone calls. Got up to answer the landline phone...#7 crochet hook disappeared, literally. moved the couch and everything, can't find it. Will go buy another one at lunch so I can finish up filet project. Only have 20 rows left (out of 70) and most of these are open squares. Should go really fast.

Elise

1. Finish the baby afghan I am currently making

2. Start and finish a baby dress and afghan for new baby at church

3. Start and finish an afghan for my daughter (one with butterflies in it) and finish the mittens and hat set I have started for her already.

4 Start and finish an afghan for my son (a Cleveland Browns Fan)

5. Start and finish some small craft items (crocheted and other) to sell at my yard sale before this summer.

6. Start and finish an afghan for each of my workers for Christmas (currently have 2 workers)

7. Start and finish some crocheted wreaths for my sisters, 2 , and myself at least three seasonal ones.

8. Start and finish crocheting a nativity set for myself

9. Start and finish by fall some open front type sweaters for myself for winter

10. Crochet a black sweater and a brown sweater for my hubby by winter.

11. Crochet various items to sell over the internet and through personal acquaintances, yard sales, and craft fairs.

(items I want to make for this catagory are: stuffed animals, minature animals, afghans, baby sweater sets, baby booties, baby dresses and boys outfits, baby afghans, wreaths, and other things)

12. Crochet an afghan for a friend for Christmas, a stuffed John Deere Tractor for my nephew for Christmas,

13. Sounds like a good stopping point so I'll just say that I'd like to crochet at least one item for a baby, one item for a child, one item for a teen, and one item for an adult, and one item for an elderly person to donate to

a charity.

Hopefully this will mean I will get rid of my current stash of over 100 skeins or yarn. It's a good thing we only have to count what we bring in to our homes in the stashbusing group and not what we have on hand already!

This sounds really ambitious but I'm determined to conquer as many of these projects as possible in 2009.

I now have 8 squares complete on my Learn to Knit afghan for knitting practice (8 of 63 squares done). This is a year long project where only one square is done each week. Maybe it will get crossed off before 2009 is over but maybe not until 1st quarter next year :lol

I have added a couple things tothe list (again...) I am working on a knit scarf and also have started a baby afghan for a family we know who have a baby coming in July. I plan to work on one of my projects on the list this evening instead of the new stuff...

I'm going to join this...I'm adding it to my sig line, as well. Was just telling hubby last night that NO more Bday were allowed at the beginning of the year.

1. finish bath set for my daughter Bday Jan 18th (and get it shipped) DONE!

2. finish camo scarf for DH Jan22 Done!

3. Make another juggling set for grandson Jan 31DONE!

4. Make Whatsit for youngest grandson 1st Bday Feb 13th Done!

5. Make requested baby blanket. Started--8 blocks done so far.

6. Slippers for Son in law - Bday is Feb 12 Going to frog top of 1st slipper and re-do style of slipper 3/16/09.

7. Adding to the list...4 dishclothes and 4 set of coasters that need to get done and delivered. done!

8. Adding more to the list. Items for Kitchen Swap partner. Done!

More done! Started a sampler that will be on next quarter's list to complete. Completed two squares of it. It's going to be runes. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, wall hanging or table topper. Final product will determine joining method I'm thinking.

Here's a pic of the first one:

fehu.jpg

:hi

everyone's doing a wonderful job here! :cheer:clap

I am here with :xfin that I finish my last 2 items: toddler bed 'ghan and tissue box cover. Meanwhile, I am adding a scarf and hat set for a gal at work, which she wants yesterday :eek. Do any of you wonder "why did I open my big mouth?!" I really need to work on keeping my big Yapper shut! :rofl

I still have 2 weeks, I am going to remain optimistic, but not stressed out. :devil

I made a list last night of things I want to make. I better get crackin to get it all done. So far I have finished the booties for the baby set I am working on...just have to sew the bloomers together and put ruffles on and then weave in all the ribbons. Then I want to make:

Mary Jane baby booties

Baby washclothes

cradle purse

I am going to my sisters Thursday for a week and I dont know if I will get any crocheting done as we scrapbook when I am there. I will probably take a project though just in case I get tired of scrapping.

I tried to start on the border of my baby afghan while watching TV last night and that didn't work... I could only focus on one and my energy was aimed at TV... It is a Terry Kimbrough afghan and anyone who has done one of hers knows that the borders are a lot of work - but sooo worth it!! I'll tackle it again when I am more alert and ready to pay attention. I hope to get onto it this weekend :yes I would really like to get that off my list this quarter too. I really need to quit adding new things until quarter 2 begins :D

1. a scarf for my daughter finished February 7th
  2. complete an afghan for my fiance February 28th
  3. make a wrap for myself
  4. make a lamb for my youngest for her birthday which is May 19th
  5. make a poncho for my oldest daughter her birthday is May 11th
  6. make something for my middle daughter which her birthday is June 20th make her bear since she wants a bear done in soft sage and yellow yarn
  7. make my sister a purse for her birthday
  8. make an ami pig for my friend's birthday which is Aug 2nd
  9. make a blanket for my friend's mom which is Sept 2nd
  10. try to make my dad some slippers or an afghan
  11. make an ami guy for the dog
  12. learn how to do a cluster stitch
  13. practice making the thistle stitch
  14. just maybe working on getting better with granny squares

Ok, I'm very bad :(

I have not done a single row on the preschool blanket in three days!!!

I just can't get motivated to do it.

I did make myself a nifty little pair of wrist warmer/fingerless gloves today though!

aw I haven't done too much either in getting things done I was suppose to be working on my wrap instead I'm working on a scarf made out of v-stitches in sport yarn so I feel your pain plus I still need to get the bear done for my middle daughter's birthday granted it's not till June I feel as though I'm running out of steam that's ok though because I have all of you here at the ville for encouragement and support to keep me going

Archived