For those who participated in teh Duke Children's Hospital Blitz or are planning to

minwifeof4boys

Hi Lea,

I must have missed this, is it too late to get involved? If not, please send details, I want to support Duke Children's! They saved two of my grandsons by love three years ago. They were airlifted in critical condition from Craven Regional after a house fire that took their two older brothers lives. AJ was in an induced coma for 5 days and put through the hyperbaric chamber 4 times. They were so wonderful with the kids; and even my daughter, who just happened to be there with a friend when the babies arrived.

Here is the info.... its on going through the winter ...its a great place for sure!!

I've checked with the in-patient unit, and this would be great for them. They need more preemie hats than regular newborn hats, and they need more blankets in all sizes than anything. Our shipping address is below. Please let me know if you need anything else or our end.

Thanks again,

Suzie Zeunges

Duke Children's Hospital Development

Phone: (919) 667-2567

Fax: (919) 667-0309

512 S. Mangum Street, Suite 400

Durham, NC 27701 __________________

"they need more blankets in all sizes than anything"

So can you please give me a size that would be needed. I'll be happy to make some blankets. An what kind of yarn do they want used?

Thanks Barbara, I imagine any size from infant to a larger child size ... use your judgment...and just make sure the yarn is washable.... they have so many children there. There is a ward where children go into isolation for 100 days following bone marrow transplants and they give each a lovey type blanket when they go in... also the neonatal unit uses blankets from preemie to full size baby blankets

Thanks Barbara, I imagine any size from infant to a larger child size ... use your judgment...and just make sure the yarn is washable.... they have so many children there. There is a ward where children go into isolation for 100 days following bone marrow transplants and they give each a lovey type blanket when they go in... also the neonatal unit uses blankets from preemie to full size baby blankets

Okay..........I'll get started.

They gave each of my 'grandsons' their own blankie when they were in the ICU after a terrible fire. Not burned, praise the Lord, but carbon monoxide poisoning. I remember the little guy crawling around peds after he got into his own room, dragging his blankie behind.

• 2 months later...
Here is the info.... its on going through the winter ...its a great place for sure!!

I've checked with the in-patient unit, and this would be great for them. They need more preemie hats than regular newborn hats, and they need more blankets in all sizes than anything. Our shipping address is below. Please let me know if you need anything else or our end.

Thanks again,

Suzie Zeunges

Duke Children's Hospital Development

Phone: (919) 667-2567

Fax: (919) 667-0309

512 S. Mangum Street, Suite 400

Durham, NC 27701 __________________

I had sent in some and received a lovely thank you note. One you finish a blankie or even other baby clothes, making a preemie hat (or more) from the left overs is easy...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived