Thread Scarf

lacy lucy

I got some No.5 cotton thread and knew immediately that I would make a scarf out of it. I tried many patterns - many that looked splendid with yarn didnt work with thread. I loved the floral trellis pattern , but found the pattern quite confusing. There were others that needed more thread than I had.

The most challenging part of crochet for me has always been deciding on a pattern that works for me with the limited choice of substitute yarn/ thread I usually have to make do with. No.10 thread is not usually a problem, but with yarn, its always a major gamble when I substitute .

I finally zeroed in on this pattern which is just a modification of the basic granny . I sewed on some flowers to add a splash of colour.

threadscarfbluebag011.jpg

threadscarfbluebag014.jpg

threadscarfbluebag013.jpg

threadscarfbluebag008.jpg

lucy

I tried many patterns - many that looked splendid with yarn didnt work with thread.

The most challenging part of crochet for me has always been deciding on a pattern that works for me with the limited choice of substitute yarn/ thread I usually have to make do with. No.10 thread is not usually a problem, but with yarn, its always a major gamble when I substitute .

Isn't it fascinating how very different a stitch pattern will look when done in different materials? That is what makes substituting such an adventure:lol I like to try different stitch patterns in different yarns/threads and I always gravitate back to size 10 thread.

I really like your scarf. The flowers are adorable. And that is a really neat stitch pattern--simple and lovely. thanks for sharing:hook

Archived