Ever wonder where your hook went to....

Well I was working on my afghan the other night and my daughter was watching me make it. She is 9 years old. She asked me if I could teach her how to crochet again. I told her I would but not tonight. Then she says to me ''Well I still have your hook you know." I was like oh ok, which one :think, thinking it was one of my plastic hooks that I dont really use. Well would'nt you know, it was the hook I tore the house apart looking for:eek. It is my size H susan bates hook. I have a few other H hooks but this one I made a comfort grip with polymer clay, and it much easier on my hand when I crochet, I looked everywhere for it and finally gave up. I was like why didnt you tell me you had it, I was looking all over for it. She said "Oh, I had it with my markers and crayons so I wouldnt lose it." LOL go figure. Well at least I know one place to look next time.:hook

Oh the lost hooks, I tell you the truth, I don't know if I lose my hooks or my mind MORE....lol, and when it's a JIMBO hook I wanna call the fire department!!

We have a 3 year old in the house. When she see my mother in law or me crocheting, she wants to "help. I always pull out a long peice of thread for her to use and my needle is the one she always wants. She did this last week and it took me a week to find it! She hadn't left with, she droped it and I turned everything apart to find it. After a week, I finally found it- it had gotten stuck in the fold inside the cushion of the recliner we were sitting in! I had checked it several times, but didn't stick my hand in quite the right spot. Next time, (if it happens again) I will look in her crayons!

My lost item right now isn't a hook. Although I have "lost" them on many occassions too. My "lost" item is my Lean Mean Thirteen book by Janet Evanovich. I have looked all over for it, ripped the house apart but alas it is still missing. :(

I lost my K hook the other day. It was my grand MIL's and I didn't have a backup. I tore the place apart looking for it, and finally went out and bought another, then the same night, DH says "I feel something cold." He reaches down to the foot of the bed and hands me the hook. :eek I had already looked there at least 3 times because that's where I left it! At least I have a backup now and I got a J that isn't plastic too. ;)

I was forever misplacing mine (not while working on a pattern, but when I wanted that size for another pattern) I had gotten into the habit of just putting it aside somewhere instead of putting it back in their holder pouch. Sooooooooo, frustrated one day and not feeling like tearing the house apart, I ordered more so that I now have at least 3 of each size hook. And, wouldn't you know, now I always put the hook away when done and haven't misplaced a hook since I bought them.... go figure! :think:yes

I am forever losing my crochet hooks. I have several size because when I lose one I just go out and buy another. I do find the eventually down the sides of my recliner. When we had a recliner couch I always found then in the "hassock on the bottom of it.

I have a cup I keep my hooks in. About once a month I do a sweep of the house and find all my hooks. Then I fill my cup back up and by the time thirty days go by...time to search the house again! LOL

I have to be careful with my hooks. I end up losing them when I set aside projects and the cat starts playing with them! Once he gets them and starts playing with them, you never know where they'll end up. At least I've been lucky thus far and have caught him right after the hook hits the floor so I haven't lost one for more than a few minutes... unless you count the time I was looking for my J hook and spent a good couple hours searching everywhere for it frantically only to realize I left it wrapped up in the last project I was working on with it! :)

Oh, yes, all the time. Last time I lost my P hook. Looked everywhere. Went out and bought another and the very next morning found the lost one in my drawer... one I had looked in already too!!!

All the time!!!

I wish they could multiply when left alone in the dark, the way my stash does, :lol.

As long as I stay home, and the hook case stays on the first shelf under the desk I am fine. But send me out with project in hand, and it seems that they yell, "I'm Free", and they take off for unknown territory. I had a hook that disappeared (size 7 aluminum) it was my favorite) and was gone for years. I finally broke down and bought another, but it never felt the same, so 7 is not my fav anymore.

She said "Oh, I had it with my markers and crayons so I wouldnt lose it." LOL go figure. Well at least I know one place to look next time.:hook

I know I was really upset when I could not find my yellow Crystalites I hook that I'd recently bought. I completely cleaned my room in an attempting to find it and then after I went to the store and bought a set of hooks, I came home to find the hook I'd been looking for in my desk drawer... (I had completely cleaned said drawer out looking for previously mentioned hook so I knew someone had to have placed it in there whilst I was gone...)

But oh well, now I have two I hooks... LOL

We're empty nesters with no cat so if my hook is missing I have no one to blame but myself, alas! (Now when the girls were at home it was my scissors which went missing all the time. After a while I knew to check in my oldest daughter's room because she is the highly craft one and nabbed borrowed them all the time.) I bet your daughter found your hook more comfortable than the others. Maybe she needs her own in the clay colors she likes and molded to her hand!

I was forever misplacing mine (not while working on a pattern, but when I wanted that size for another pattern) I had gotten into the habit of just putting it aside somewhere instead of putting it back in their holder pouch. Sooooooooo, frustrated one day and not feeling like tearing the house apart, I ordered more so that I now have at least 3 of each size hook. And, wouldn't you know, now I always put the hook away when done and haven't misplaced a hook since I bought them.... go figure! :think:yes

I got such a chuckle out of your post! As soon as I had three each of the standard sizes I use in Silvalumes, I stopped losing them.

I got such a chuckle out of your post! As soon as I had three each of the standard sizes I use in Silvalumes, I stopped losing them.

Those are my favorite hooks. And since I had three of all the other sizes, when I ordered L, M, and N in Silvalume a short time ago, of course I had to get three each of them too :heehee It would have jinxed me and I would have started losing them! :yes

Archived