So how did you do (or are doing) with your Christmas gifts?

I have 2 more scarves to finish by Christmas morning. (I'm pretty sure I can manage it and if not, I'll hide away in my room until the very last minute possible to finish up...) And since I am starting to feel a little bit under the weather, I'm going to not sleep over at my friend's. (Besides we're forecast for MORE snow so it's probably going to be a no-go anyway.) And then after Christmas I'll work on the scarves for the friend I was gonna spend the night with and her aunt. (First I'll have to buy more yarn!)

I'm close to being done. I finished my brother's hat, my little sister's doll is almost done and her doll dress just needs ends hidden. My other sister's gift I can't name on here because she's a member here, but I can say that it's about half way done. My aunt's gifts (topped towels) aren't very far along (1 done of 4 total) but since me and my sister are giving them as a joint gift (meaning we both are working on them), they shouldn't take very long at all.

I've done 15 hats, 5 scarves, 14 bookmarks, a few snowflakes and a doily as gifts this year not to mention making apple butter, breads, biscotti and cookies. I have 3 hats to finish and one to tuck ends and I will be done.

Gotta update! I am now on Scarf #3! *pats self on back* Though I'm really not feeling that great... I need to get it done so I can not be stressing out later...

I have made cookies also...just took out the last tray of gingerbread cookies...now gotta get them piped with royal icing!!

DD's scarf is on hold...i'll finish it on Christmas Day

1 blanket...got started on the hole punching...will stay up late to get it done b/c its her gift to her BF.

1 blanket for after Christmas giving

ooops i forgot about the table runner for the 29th gift party.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

Wow! I see that so many of you have been truly busy and in many different ways, I have to give you all a pat on the back :clap and must say I feel good to say that we women continue to add so much to our families, friends and society in general all year round but especially during the holidays.:hook

As for me, this week I made a camouflage beret for our (Christmas dinner) hostess's grandson and a small amigurumi bear for my daughter (24 yo ...) . She knew I was broke so she gave me money to buy sport & baby yarn, so even though I had misgivings because I didn't trust the book I have I plunged ahead. I discovered that at least the pattern I chose had mistakes/omissions but fortunately, even though I ended up re-writing it (due to all the changes I made) I could make it work. The final product is not "perfect" and it doesn't look 100% like the ones in the pictures but being my first I'm pretty proud of it and I think it would look very cute on her work desk, for instance. I even made it a little fringed scarf and instead of wrapping it in paper I put it in a crocheted pull-string bag, I'm thinking next year I may make more this way for gifts or to sell.

The funny part about all this is that since my daughter had told me to surprise her with the colors I chose, after making my main choices I kept showing her 26 y.o. brother my WIP for his opinion. I was surprised to hear him say that he didn't consider that to be "only a girl's thing" and he wouldn't mind having one too :lol, especially after he saw it completely finished. So I offered to make him one :sigh. I guess my children took the "Toys-R-Us" song very seriously!

Ah, and someone e-mailed me to thank me for a "topped towel" and hat I sent, the words "you did a great job" made me feel really good!

Our Christmas package will get to my great nieces, and niece saturday or monday. Late I know. My great nieces are 4 and 1 and niece is 4. I had made some teddy bears (not crocheted) for them so I made each of the bears a mini afghan in the shell pattern. That is all the crochet that I did that got shipped. I made my daughter some potholders and dishrags but she is here so they didn't have to go anywhere.Next year though I am starting tomorrow on gifts lol. :D:clap Actually I am wanting to do a few bazaars and flea markets so I will be stocking up and making gifts all through the year so there is no rrush at christmas time.

I forgot to add that I also do ceramics so the late box is partly to blame cause of time constraints and double firing ceramic pieces. Lot of work in that. plus we made goodie bags with yummy treats in them. Like I said next year will be different not waiting till the last minute.

I made 3 hats, 3 scarves and a little purse for various people this year. I can report that at least 2 of the hats and 2 of the scarves were loved on sight. The others, I couldn't tell you, as I wasn't there when they were opened. I somehow doubt the one I spent the most time and money on was appreciated. But, I may never know because the recipient is the girlfriend of my brother-in-law and they live in OK. (I had originally bought the yarn for someone I know would appreciate it.... but couldn't find a pattern for her that I liked...)

I finished everything with about a week or so to spare, which is good because I didn't start the one scarf until after Thanksgiving and I knew it would take me a good bit of time because it was squares.

Archived