Lace Knitters?

mamaoso

Do we have any Lace knitters here?

I just found out that we have a knitters group here at the Ville.

I will be checking in more often..

Been doing more knitting then crocheting lately.

Though MIL wanted me to make her a Seraphina Shawl. Working on that to see if I can get it done before she goes home after Christmas..

I haven't done any lace knitting in many years but did a gown in 1963 on number 1 and 3 kneedles, and very fine red yarn. I only wore it once, since I became pregnant shortly after attending a wedding and couldn't fit into a size 3 after that.

Ripped the gown and made several sweaters from it.

I think it would be fun to start knitting a scarf or shawl in lace.

Happy knitting,

antwerpnative

I have dabbled in lace...

I've made the generations purse from knitpicks (free pattern) which has a lace panel..that was my first lace

I have a cat's paw lace scarf in the works(still)

and have done a few wash cloths in lace patterns for practice

I have a copy of the adamas shawl awaiting me when I can find the money to buy the yarn for it and the circular needle.

Welcome to the knitters group!:hug

I have done one Lace shawl called Kiri and a couple of lace scarves called Branching Out

I am a newbie knitter only been at this a few months but I think a CAL would be great.

Both of these patterns are beginners lace ones if you click on the name it will take you to

the pattern

If you can do simple increases and decreases and Yarn Overs, you can do this.

The biggest thing that helped me was learning how to read a chart

If you teach yourself to read a chart It goes much faster, than the written directions but then so does crochet!

That just looks harder then it is.. this one you work from the top down. I thought that it looked thicker then fingerweight yarn until I seen the bigger picture..:)

Just different ways to increase and decrease so you have the slant going in the right direction.. You can do it. Just start small and you can work your way to your beautiful shawl....

I'm going to start this baby blanket today..

I've also done some fairly simple lace. For Christmas I got a skein of Sea Silk yarn, and it's telling me it wants to be a lace scarf. I have several books of knit stitches, so have been browsing them as well as online. I might do a Feather and Fan scarf. Anyone have a favorite lace pattern? Alice

Oooooo, I would love to do a simple knitted lace KAL. I have to finish up a crocheted doily first. Maybe along the middle of January or first of February, to give everyone time to recover from the holidays and to get some yarn? I also think I might like a couple of simple things to choose from, maybe one scarf and one shawl or stole? (Not trying to take over but just to throw out some ideas.)

I'd be up for a simple lace KAL. My Delta shawl remains a WIP, 2 years after confusing the heck out of me. I'm also working on the Cheshire Cat stole, but it got put away for the holidays. I wonder if I'll ever successfully complete a lace project....

I like the timing of late January or February for a KAL. I don't think we've ver done one, have we? It'd be fun! Patty

Hi ,I have not posted here in the knitting section . But due to my arthritis in my right hand I have not been able to crochet much ..It is easier to knit for me less pain .

I got this book from Knit-Picks, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/goldkeeper1/CRAFTS/012-1.jpg

and it has very simple patterns It starts with scarves and them shawls and a beautiful round tablecloth .I would like to join in a lace KAL too..

Ana, thank you for the link. I decided to poke around a bit to learn more about that book and found this lace scarf which Leisure Arts has as a free PDF come-on for the book itself. I thought posting the link might help everyone see a bit about your new lace knitting book.

I have that book, too..

I haven't made anything out of it yet.. But I keep looking through it.:D

Hi ,I have not posted here in the knitting section . But due to my arthritis in my right hand I have not been able to crochet much ..It is easier to knit for me less pain .

I got this book from Knit-Picks, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/goldkeeper1/CRAFTS/012-1.jpg

and it has very simple patterns It starts with scarves and them shawls and a beautiful round tablecloth .I would like to join in a lace KAL too..

Carla,

I have started some practice pieces to get to know some of the stitches ..but not gotten started on anything yet. I am working on a knitted kimono from Knit Kimono by Vicki Square..I posted a picture under the post "I'm in Love".by smokeyp81 . I am trying to finish this project before I start another one :knitI forgot ..the book it is a little on the advance level .The scarfs are easy but when you get to some of the shawls and knitted doily ,there was alot of re-reading on my part .LOL

Archived