Ami Eyes Online Store

LadiBug329

I just have to tell you guys my experience...I was looking through trying to find a last minute gift I could make and found a really cute froggy to make for my froggy-freak friend - but the dilemma was I had no eyes..and no place in the boonies to buy them, and the nearest Joanns or ACMoore is 2 hours away. So I posted a thread on the 'ville to see where everybody else got theres...checked out the links that were given ( :ty )and while they all had a nice selection at reasonable & comparable prices, most had either a large shipping amount added for express shipping or they did not ship out for holiday arrival for orders placed after the 18th or 19th. :( So.....I did a search on Yahoo...found

"Lisa & Ed's Eyes & More"

(http://lisa.staton.home.insightbb.com/)

online site....they have what looks to me like any eye imaginable. AND they are very reasonably priced (bag of 100 $5.25-5.95). So I thought I'd drop her an email to see if they could send them out express

:blush so I could get them in time to sew on before Christmas and she sent an almost immediate email and said SURE we can ship them out on Saturday, and you will receive in 2-3 days! Keep in mind they are located in Indiana so that is central time? If so, then she's only an hour behnid me (i'm on eastern time) She sent me another couple emails when she returned from a family dinner (i got them after midnight my time) and then another email at 3:15am (my time) and said she would get the package ready and labeled while i was making the paypal payment, and shipped off on Saturday morning (today).

In all my days of ordering online, i have never had so much attention given to one order i've placed, and this one, was only 2 packs of different size eyes & with shipping was less than $15. :eek

And I'll get them probably on Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

:yay:cheer:clap:c9:yay

I just have to pass this on to all you ami fans....you may want to check them out. In your email to place any orders, let them know you are a crochetville member. I don't know if that will get you anywhere, but I did tell her in my last email to her that I would surely share the love with you guys!!:yes

oh wow, that is cool!! She sent me a follow up email and I had given her the address to Crochetville...she said she checked it out and her reply was "Wow!!" So maybe she'll join us!! She also crochets and has made several things like afghans and pillows. I spoke to her husband yesterday and he was getting ready to walk out the door to take my package to the post office...but they seem from the phone conversation and emails that they are super nice people. I am sooo glad I stumbled upon their site through my search on Yahoo. :yay

Well...I went to the post office today...and there they were! I received my package today! I ordered it late on Friday, they shipped them out (USPS Priority Mail) and I received them TODAY!!!

Wow, really great selection. These looks very similar to the ones that Elisabeth Doherty uses for her dolls. The prices are great too. My LCS sells them for $2 for a pack of 10. I kind of wish they had the plastic washers, though. I'd worry about washing metal ones.

I just mailed off my order. Their prices are really good but I'm kind of disappointed with the combinations in the multipacks and the fact that I can't get less than 100 if I want a color that's not in them. Not that it matters *too* much when I think about it. A pack of 10 eyes was $2 at the craft store so $5 for 100 eyes even if I don't need them isn't so bad. I think it's just the thought of having stuff around I know I won't use. Maybe I can swap them to someone who will.

Thats a good idea! You know if you sent her an email, she might make a package just for you with the color combo's you need, instead of the ones you don't. I'm telling you...they were very accomodating to my order, and very responsive to emails. It would be worth a try...

Archived